PS4 Pro "Serious error in system software"

digipimp75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a serious problem. My PS4 Pro was working fine last night, and I went to enable Goldhen cheats and the system shut down. Upon reboot I got the dreaded "Serious error in system software" message and was booted into safe mode. Tried rebuilding the database, but no dice. I then chose "restore default settings" which I was told would only reset certain things like network settings and the games should still be showing, but NOPE! Now my primary profile is gone, and I only see my secondary profile called "User1". So my previous PSN activated profile is missing, along with any games installed on it. The system storage shows full so the data is still technically there. I got back into hen and enabled FTP. I'm poking around in the folders but not sure what I'm looking for here. Is there any kind of homebrew or method I could use to get this profile back, or is it toast? I thought the restore settings option wasn't volatile, but apparently it wiped out my profile.

It's a PS4 Pro on 9.0.0.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is common to get kernel panic for exploitable PS4, if it doesn't correctly you might have to reinstall OS, or replacement the hard drive.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
easiest way to fix a database problem is itemzflow probably. I don't think it has that pesky issue with being unable to delete content. that's one thing you want to be sure of. also, next time, backup the databases in system_data/priv/mms . you'll never have this problem again or at least where it is a problem.

damiensmith499

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
easiest way to fix a database problem is itemzflow probably. I don't think it has that pesky issue with being unable to delete content. that's one thing you want to be sure of. also, next time, backup the databases in system_data/priv/mms . you'll never have this problem again or at least where it is a problem.
I was told to take all the the files and stuff that’s in system_data and keep a copy of all them on my pc for backup. Probably a good idea right?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was told to take all the the files and stuff that’s in system_data and keep a copy of all them on my pc for backup. Probably a good idea right?
Backups, when possible, on every systems hacked is always the “rule”.
Each time you install a game or whatever homebrews, you should backup your database and saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good