Hacking Ps4 Remote PKG Installer is crashing (7.51)

AngelDavil88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Remote PKG Installer on FW 7.55 via night-king not work. As soon as it starts, the homebrew immediately crashes with an error code ce-34878-0. Solution?

vitality34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm on 7.55 and all the pkgs I have installed have been with remote package installer and it has worked fine every time.
Another reason for the problem could be with mira for 7.51 but I cant check that because I'm on 7.55.

Which version of the RPI are you using?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which version of the RPI are you using?
The latest one. (md5 A7F7DB43AA1800704D89C43C15A0D9DE)
Its not new but I say the latest one because there were 3 releases all close to each other, each one with fixes/improvements.
I always mention the md5 just in case someone downloaded one of the older versions by mistake.:)

Reactions: vitality34

vitality34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The latest one. (md5 A7F7DB43AA1800704D89C43C15A0D9DE)
Its not new but I say the latest one because there were 3 releases all close to each other, each one with fixes/improvements.
I always mention the md5 just in case someone downloaded one of the older versions by mistake.:)

Ah, I was looking for a link to download it. First time using this and I'm kinda confused. Already have PS4 PKG sender on the PC but it says it cannot connect to RPI. I'm assuming I need to have something installed on the PS4 in order to receive the PKGs. I was just looking for that, can't seem to find it :)

LOBOX

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Remote PKG Installer on FW 7.55 via night-king not work. As soon as it starts, the homebrew immediately crashes with an error code ce-34878-0. Solution?
Same code error here. Using a PS4 Pro on 7.55 with DarkModder exploit host.

Last edited by LOBOX,

midokof2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I have the exact same problem , whats weird is the app worked fine like two days ago but now every time it freezes the PS4 as soon as I start sending the PKG file , may be this has something to do with the new Mira and Golden HEN, still looking for a solution but no luck so far , I'm on 7.55
Edit : it turns out to prevent the app from crashing the system I need to keep it active and not go home or to notification/downloads to check the progress and leave it running at the background , now the issue is fixed

Last edited by midokof2002,
Reactions: MINEAlessio

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remote package installing has always been hit and miss for me. Sometimes it works fine. Most of the time, it doesn't work for some unexplainable reason. Save yourself the headache and just transfer packages via a flash drive or external hard drive.

MrNatto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Me too. I haven't been able to use Remote Package Installer (RPI) yet, every time I open it on my PS4 dashboard, it crashes almost immediately with an error CE-34878-0.

Chain of events (I'm including from before jailbreak to issue):
Followed Modded Warfare jailbreak tutorial for PS4 5.05. Loaded Hen payload (al-azif v2), debug>pkg installer>Installed a Ace Combat fpkg to internal, verified it worked, set up external with app2usb.ini, loaded app2usb payload, it said it worked, but when I unplugged the external the game still worked, so app2usb didn't do what it was supposed to do.

I installed remote package installer and ps4 xplorer to internal. I load app2usb payload and this time it does transfer both apps and ace combat to the external. I run ace combat, it works. I run ps4 xplorer, it works. I run RPI, it opens for a second and then shows error CE-34878-0.

I've deleted RPI through storage>apps, and deleted RPI's file folder using ps4 xplorer. I've reinstalled RPI (always clearing cookies, cache, history before loading hen and goldhen payloads) into the internal and it still crashes. I repeat the same process and tried reinstalling to external with app2usb, and it still crashes as soon as I open it.

Where am I going wrong?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me too. I haven't been able to use Remote Package Installer (RPI) yet, every time I open it on my PS4 dashboard, it crashes almost immediately with an error CE-34878-0.

Chain of events (I'm including from before jailbreak to issue):
Followed Modded Warfare jailbreak tutorial for PS4 5.05. Loaded Hen payload (al-azif v2), debug>pkg installer>Installed a Ace Combat fpkg to internal, verified it worked, set up external with app2usb.ini, loaded app2usb payload, it said it worked, but when I unplugged the external the game still worked, so app2usb didn't do what it was supposed to do.

I installed remote package installer and ps4 xplorer to internal. I load app2usb payload and this time it does transfer both apps and ace combat to the external. I run ace combat, it works. I run ps4 xplorer, it works. I run RPI, it opens for a second and then shows error CE-34878-0.

I've deleted RPI through storage>apps, and deleted RPI's file folder using ps4 xplorer. I've reinstalled RPI (always clearing cookies, cache, history before loading hen and goldhen payloads) into the internal and it still crashes. I repeat the same process and tried reinstalling to external with app2usb, and it still crashes as soon as I open it.

Where am I going wrong?

I don't know if this pkg sender exists for 5.05, but try this: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps4-remote-package-installer-seemingly-crashing.34200/#post-297566

MrNatto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this pkg sender exists for 5.05, but try this:

I haven't gotten far enough to use package sender. The RPI file I got was from the same github link posted in two of Modded Warfares tutorials, one for 5.05 firmware and one for 6.72 and below...so it seems like it should work. Regardless of whether or not I have package sender open on the PC, the RPI app should be able to stay open on my PS4 if I open it with HEN or GOLDHEN.

Tonight I'm going to use PS4 Xplorer to go down every directory in the file system and try to do a complete wipe before reinstalling for the hundredth time.

I'm also concerned that using app2usb on RPI did something I won't be able to fix. Any other suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
it turns out to prevent the app from crashing the system I need to keep it active and not go home or to notification/downloads to check the progress and leave it running at the background
When using the new GoldHen v2.0b (haven't tried the newer b2 version),
I can finally leave RPI running in the background to check in the PS4 directly using the notif/downloads instead of going back to the PC as it doesn't seem to crash on m anymore.

I'm on fw7.51

edit:
Weirdly enough going back in the app after a while crashes it.
(but seems like I can just resume the download by relaunching it, staying in RPI until you make sure it resumed on PC.)
When it successfully resumes (the PC is uploading tons of stuff in Task Manager), it doesn't crash going in and out.
I guess it crashes (going in) if I stayed out too long...?
Tho in this case, you can just stay out and let the download finish outside (since it is still receiving that way anyway).

Last edited by Allen-R,
Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...