ps5 edm-010 blue light + beep but missing 1.8v and 3.3v standby voltages at hdmi IC

hellomyps5isded

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can someone help me diagnose further than I have. I am confused why I am missing 1.8v + 3.3v rails around the hdmi.

PS5 has 12v, 5, 3.3v 1.8v and various other rails but is unable to complete post. No blown fuses, no shorted rails, no visual damage, some work has been done to the board previously.

front hdmi - missing multiple 1.8v and 3.3v
IMG_0461.png

rear hdmi - again missing 1.8v, 3.3v
IMG_0460.png

top left southbridge - these standby voltages are missing
IMG_0463.png

lower left southbridge - weird, reading 0.2v but should be 0v standby and very bottom 3.254v expected but reading 0.995v
IMG_0462.png

Post automatically merged:

@jkyoho sorry to summon you, do you see anything here I am missing?
I have tested multiple step down ICs PMICs around the board, all are testing ok, inline with known good standby voltages from a working board. I do not understand the logic of this hdmi ic circuit.

Last edited by hellomyps5isded,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi can someone help me diagnose further than I have. I am confused why I am missing 1.8v + 3.3v rails around the hdmi.

PS5 has 12v, 5, 3.3v 1.8v and various other rails but is unable to complete post. No blown fuses, no shorted rails, no visual damage, some work has been done to the board previously.

front hdmi - missing multiple 1.8v and 3.3v
View attachment 358385

rear hdmi - again missing 1.8v, 3.3v
View attachment 358386

top left southbridge - these standby voltages are missing
View attachment 358387

lower left southbridge - weird, reading 0.2v but should be 0v standby and very bottom 3.254v expected but reading 0.995v
View attachment 358388
Post automatically merged:

@jkyoho sorry to summon you, do you see anything here I am missing?
I have tested multiple step down ICs PMICs around the board, all are testing ok, inline with known good standby voltages from a working board. I do not understand the logic of this hdmi ic circuit.

Sorry for coming on reply late, my notification alert spoiled with pFly these days.
Do you see 3.3v and 5V on other fuse area like F7002, F7502, F7003 ETC?

rambonz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes. It will most likely be the south bridge.

Long story short, the 3.3v line to the right of the HDMI encoder is an enable line. This comes from the SB. The input 1.8v to the y09k2 also comes from the SB It will impact many if not all of the missing voltages. I mapped out some of the pad readings a little while back as I was trying to solve this and replacing SB and resetting the crystal oscillator fixed this for me.

Attachments

• 3.3vline.png
    3.3vline.png
    900.4 KB · Views: 75

MaxCaps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I have two boards that are presenting themselves with the same failure mode (missing south bridge standby voltage, 1.8v and 3.3v along the hdmi circuit). One of the boards has a dead short on the APU, the other can’t find any shorts. I changed the hdmi encoder on the board with no shorts even though it didn’t appear to be faulty, no change. Is it possible the south bridge is shutting down the PS5 prior to enabling the hdmi circuit? I do not have a known good south bridge to try

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already