PS5 Horizon FW Bundle FW CFI-1115A?

Maximo101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I opened mine finally. I needed a crane to gert it out of the box. The software info says 10.00003 or some such. Dated like Jan 2022.

Is that on 10.0 FW? That's terrible. I might as well update it to whatever Sony is currently on. I hear the controller may have to be updated to in order to work.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I opened mine finally. I needed a crane to gert it out of the box. The software info says 10.00003 or some such. Dated like Jan 2022.

Is that on 10.0 FW? That's terrible. I might as well update it to whatever Sony is currently on. I hear the controller may have to be updated to in order to work.
Latest FW is 6.00 so you’re definitely NOT on 10… give us a screen shot. AND DONT UPDATE.

Also the controller thing is possibly because the user used/updated the controller on a PC…

Maximo101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched on what the console info numbers mean and it looks like I am on...FW5.1. I also turned off autoupdate and autodownload.
Funny thing is, I haven't set up an internet connection yet, and when I turned the console back on, it asked me if I wanted to update the controller with new FW or wait 24 hrs...

How does THAT work?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I searched on what the console info numbers mean and it looks like I am on...FW5.1. I also turned off autoupdate and autodownload.
Funny thing is, I haven't set up an internet connection yet, and when I turned the console back on, it asked me if I wanted to update the controller with new FW or wait 24 hrs...

How does THAT work?
I think the controller update is in the console firmware update. Chances are the console was updated at factory, but the controllers are old stock. So updating the controllers is fine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you have to plug in the controller to update it. Iirc, you can update series x controllers wirelessly though, but it says not to move the controller while updating. Haha

Reactions: KiiWii

Maximo101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if you can use the usb port on the controller for anything else but charging it?
Anyone know of any drivers yet to let one use it on a pc to play games, like DS4windows...?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if you can use the usb port on the controller for anything else but charging it?
Anyone know of any drivers yet to let one use it on a pc to play games, like DS4windows...?
I believe so, but I haven't really tried it. I'd imagine they at least work with remote play, but tbh I've had nothing but problems with remote play on both ps5 and series x.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are native dual sense drivers for windows but yes ds4windows also works for games that only support xbox controller. There are also a handful of games that support dual sense features on windows like adaptive triggers and hepatic feedback. Far Cry 6 and Dying light two are the two that I've played and it almost feels the same as playing on ps5.

Reactions: godreborn

Maximo101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A laptop with a i7 9750h and a gtx 1660 ti. It's not the greatest but decent enough to get playable frame rates at 1440p.
That's the same processor my Razer Blade uses. Vid card is an Nvidia GeF RTX 2080. I wish I had gotten the touch screen with native 4K, 144Ghz. Still, it fills my needs.

Disappointed with the ps5 so far. Incessant 'update, update, update'
geez, I can''t even move my ps4 saves to the ps5 'cause it wants me to update first.
I want to play Dirt Rally without starting from scratch.
I hear the ps5 improves the video and performance of the ps4 games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2