Gaming PSP 1000

Mr.Mysterio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
My cousin has a PSP 1000 with CFW.She has used it for a year now.Now it just doesnt turn on!I offered to buy it off her for 25$ and surprisingly,she agreed.I will also be getting a 16GB memory stick!!

So anyone know what maybe causing the PSP to not turn on?I dont know the details about the PSP but what are some of the common issues that makes the PSP not turn on?I am pretty sure its not bricked.The PSP is in good condition too.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mr.Mysterio said:
My cousin has a PSP 1000 with CFW.She has used it for a year now.Now it just doesnt turn on!I offered to buy it off her for 25$ and surprisingly,she agreed.I will also be getting a 16GB memory stick!!

So anyone know what maybe causing the PSP to not turn on?I dont know the details about the PSP but what are some of the common issues that makes the PSP not turn on?I am pretty sure its not bricked.The PSP is in good condition too.

dead /flat battery?!

does it power on just using the AC power cord .... all psp's can turn on without a battery in so long as the AC is connected if it does the battery could be dead and just needs a replacement
smile.gif

does it turn on without the mem stick inserted? .... it could be a corrupt mem card?!

Mr.Mysterio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Just got it today!
Doesn't power on with the charger.Removed memory stick.Tried again.WORKS!!
So the memory stick's corrupt?Damn!!I was so happy to get a 16gb memory with a PSP for a mere 25$.
So I guess I have to get a new memory card or is there any way to un-corrupt the memory card?

Sorry but when it comes to PSPs,I am a complete newbie>
But why would a corrupt mem stick cause it to not turn on?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Format it in a PC with a card-reader? Maybe it's just some pretty bad filesystem corruption.

Remember that MSDuos do not fit in standard MS cardreaders, so you'll need a Duo-to-MS adapter.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
there's no way it could be a corrupt memory card, if it's corrupt it doesn't effect flash0. Does it stay off or does a green light with no screen come on? If a green light does come on and stays on then you've got a semi brick. if not then it's either a dead battery or something like power.prx has been deleted from flash0 making it a full brick (don't worry, it's least likely to be this)

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sprogurt said:
there's no way it could be a corrupt memory card, if it's corrupt it doesn't effect flash0. Does it stay off or does a green light with no screen come on? If a green light does come on and stays on then you've got a semi brick. if not then it's either a dead battery or something like power.prx has been deleted from flash0 making it a full brick (don't worry, it's least likely to be this)
I don't see how flash0 could matter something in this situation. If flash0 was damaged, removing the MS would not change anything. Instead it works without the MS in it. So flash0 is perfectly fine.

Maybe you haven't read the post where he says that without the MS it works. So my theory stands.

Another theory: maybe the battery is still pandorized and searches for a Magic MS bootblock?
unsure.gif
But AFAIK, if it doesn't find it, it should just boot normally. Maybe the MS is a Magic MS and the bootblock got corrupted?
Oh well, it's worth a shot, though. Try using something like Opensource Pandora Battery tool to check if the battery is pandorized.

BTW, try to insert the MS in when the PSP has booted and you're in the XMB.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Maybe you haven't read the post where he says that without the MS it works. So my theory stands.

if you checked the post times you'd realize i was answering kobykaan's post. and no i didn't read the previous post >.< XD sorry >.<

Try what raulpica said and insert it whilst in xmb, i guess you could then format from the pc via usb cable.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you could also now you know its the mem card to blow in the mem card slot to clear out any dirt and dust if its been not been used in a while!

but as above try putting it back in while the psp is turned on see if it works ...

if it works or is recognised then its either dirty or needs formatting again you can do this in the PSP or in a card reader as mentioned above
smile.gif

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sprogurt said:
raulpica said:

if you checked the post times you'd realize i was answering kobykaan's post. and no i didn't read the previous post >.< XD sorry >.<

Try what raulpica said and insert it whilst in xmb, i guess you could then format from the pc via usb cable.
My bad
biggrin.gif
Didn't want to seem aggressive towards you or something
smile.gif
Sorry again
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk