Hardware Psp 2000 motherboard

Vacatedboat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,
Looking to do a psp 2000 motherboard replacement. Would like to know are there any tricks to it.
So my current board has display issues with screen glitching. I have completed disassembly and have just MB screen and power connector plus switch on my benchtop. It will power up and still give screen glitching. It seems to change depending on where i apply pressure to the mb with my fingers. Got abother replacement board off ebay. But initial i get green power light but no boot up. Will recheck connectors. Maybe the onboard cmos battery/cap? Do i have to get the exact board rev for it to boot up. Is there a workaround? Thanks for help.
I will post some pictured after work tonight

Vacatedboat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just update. After through ipa clean of new motherboard it now powers up and get xmb. The new one doesnt glitch at all even putting my fingers all over it.
So with the old motherboard it must be a damaged component? Or dry joint. Can anyone help identify video display area?

Vacatedboat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi sorry for delayed. But here is an image of the screen when connected. I have tried a few lcd with the same result. This is with the original motherboard that would glitch like this. There is no pattern of where i put my fingers or pressure to the MB. If i leave it still the the image is fine.
Would love to get my hands on some schematics too!

Attachments

• 20201026_151714.jpg
    20201026_151714.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 142

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg