Hardware What is this part on New 3DS XL motherboard ?

krzym1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've got a New 3DS XL in a very good shape, except for the fact that it did not boot (blue light was showing up, but the screens did not even turn the backlight on).

I've checked the connectors on the lower part of the system and they looked perfect (also no sign of water contact), so I did not bother to dismantle the upper part of the system.
The only thing that caught my eye the part marked on the picture, it looks as if it "unglued" and unwrapped itself.

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm guessing it's some sort of a connector, as it resides on what seems like a golden contact of a mainboard that's supposed to be connected with the game cartridge board.

Picture in step13 of https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Teardown/36346 shows how the part should look like.

After putting the 3ds back together, the system started to boot, like 70% of the time, but I encounter random freezes.

Is anyone able to help with :
  1. Is this really a connector ?
  2. How's that part named, so I could look for a replacement (I guess it should be easily replaced). Not sure if I can just fold it back and glue it.
  3. Is new 3ds able to boot without the game cardridge board ?

Attachments

• 3ds1.png
    3ds1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto