• Replies 24

ShadowFyre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got my Go last week, and hell do I love it.The lack of a UMD slot doesn't ruin anything for pirates, the screen is extremely clear, and the portability is a giant plus for me. The controls aren't really cramped at all. I'm gonna have to get an M2 memory card soon, my 16gb filled up in JUST a week w/ movies/games/hombrew/emulators

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends do you plan to buy any games in the future. i mean i pirated my psp but i eventually buy all the games i play. in the end it depends on weather you will want to use physical copys of the games(in my opinion it feels different to play a physical copy)

BEFORE YOU ALL GET OFF UR HANDLE by actin like i say you all are bad pirates im just sayin i prefer 1000/2000/3000 for umd discs i like to haave physical copys of what i own.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I couldn't stand the Go's layout, the lack of UMD drive thereby screwing you out of being able to play games that were UMD only, and that it requires a proprietary memory card format that no other device has. At least with the PSP 3000, there are more devices that use(d) the MS Pro Duo, and now adapters to use microSD's with them, saving a ton of cash compared to trying to get an equal-size MS Pro Duo anymore.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Personally I couldn't stand the Go's layout, the lack of UMD drive thereby screwing you out of being able to play games that were UMD only,
The ISOs still work on it.

and that it requires a proprietary memory card format that no other device has. At least with the PSP 3000, there are more devices that use(d) the MS Pro Duo, and now adapters to use microSD's with them, saving a ton of cash compared to trying to get an equal-size MS Pro Duo anymore.
A lot of people don't care since the Go has 16GB of internal space.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd say PSP Go if its going to be your entry handheld IF you are tight on budget so you can download your games, get a 16gb M2 card to max capacity.
PSP 3000 if you have money to spare for the UMDs or already have UMDs (if not download them).

To me, they are both quite similar for use. You'll need to test them out to match your preference.
I see 3000s are cheaper than the Gos (that's when I had to search them on ebay o.O).

I chose the Go as I didn't want to accumulate another physical library (I finished my GBA library and slowly building the 3DS one) and was much more happy with the idea of downloading the games. I take it with me since I do travel quite a distance for work with a portable charger since it lasts roughly 5 hours or so for me. It actually fits and is much lighter than the previous models when I store them in my pockets. Hate the feeling when your pockets are way too heavy and it drags your pants down.
Control wise, I have larger hands and took a while to adjust my hands in a comfortable way to play it. I noticed for myself that my right thumb resting on either square or cross button is usually bent sharply and can cause cramps. By moving my elbows more outward, the position is much more comfortable as it forces your hand to be more apart and putting it in a natural position.
The only thing that bothered me about the Go is the lack of colours as it only comes in black or white. You'll have to order online to customize the device yourself which I plan to in a black and red :) And the fact there's not much accessories :(

I didn't choose the 3000 because I find it was a brick in my pants (looks wrong) and didn't fit in my other pockets (I do keep other stuff in there). The problems with the screen and possible issue with the UMD doors that people described. It has a nice range of custom appearances

Not everything that is bigger, is better lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan I bet your mom found out you watching those of vids on your 3ds again, and put a limit...