Baby Bowser

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if you could play PSP ISOs on your PSP and memory stick? And if you can what exactly do you have to do to get them playing.

Also can every game (ISO) be loaded?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Simple answer is yes, you need a firmware version capable of running homebrew, this can be an early version or more likely a custom made later version. You can also chip your PSP but this route is not that much fun to pull off.
To get a old/custom firmware is not as much difficult but convoluted, they tend to rely on bugs in the firmware/games to then enable you to write your own stuff.

Until someone comes along with a more in depth guide here is rage/rage-nl's:
http://www.freewebs.com/super-rage/PSP3.10manual.doc

To the best of my knowledge compatibility is 100%, some games may require some patching or tweaking to run good though.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most games are possible to run. You can usually just tweak with settings to get them to work (usually CPU speed changes can solve many problems)

Baby Bowser

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, its not as easy as putting the loader and the iso on your psp and playing. And a strong chance of bricking you psp while downgrading also doesn't help.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I see, its not as easy as putting the loader and the iso on your psp and playing. And a strong chance of bricking you psp while downgrading also doesn't help.

there no STRONG chance theres hardly any risk at all. If you follow instructions correctly nothing will happen unless you battery blows up and that can happen while doing offcial updates.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that for newer versions of firmware (namely custom firmware) you'll need a UMD Game or Sampler disc (NOT movie) to run PSP ISO's on your PSP. Just got my PSP yesterday and didn't know this, had to run out and buy a used, $10 PSP crap ass game UMD in order to run my first PSP ISOs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz