Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for your support. I appreciate it.

I am looking through Chapter Seven and it is really short. Should not take me much time to get through it.

aqulue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all I hope is that someone can help you extract and translate the DLC.. and then i can die a happy man :D

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is mostly going to be the translation part that will be tough. I know little to no Japanese. Looking back, I should have applied the DLC and worked from those files and created a patch from the original iso to the DLC and english patch. I will look into the DLC more in depth once I am done with the 12 + 5 bonus chapters. :)

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have the day off from work today so I have been quite busy and finished the translation of Chapter 7. Granted it is a very short chapter but it took about 5-6 hours to finish. It is sad when it took me only 10 minutes to beat the chapter.

Here is the link to the new patch:
La Pucella Ragnarok Patch V0.1.7

Enjoy.

-ChepChep

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your work, ChepChep! I'm currently nursing a cold, and wondering if I should wait on giving the game an intensive go yet for my main file outright. I'm starting to get the itch to play it, but with it almost done with the initial NPC script translation, I wonder if I should wait for chapters 9-12 to be done, since patching to a new game file means new saves.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

Just wanted to drop by and note you're awesome for doing this. I've been hoping for a translation of Ragnarok for ages. I can't help with the Japanese but have you tried asking at Romhacking.net ? A lot of translators have accounts there.

I've got the DLC for the Japanese version too (Cornet, Hero Prinny, Rozalin and one character I don't recognize), and it looks like none of them are just unlock keys. Each EDAT filesis ~5 MB in size.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you know, the remaining character should be Ellie, who is from the rest of the Marl Kingdom series. She also shows up in the Rosenqueen store and implies that she's an erynga in human form, since she tends to go "eri~" like they do. She's pretty much the easiest DLC character to get gamewise, while Hero Prinny, who is also free, is level 100, last I checked. The other two cost money, officially.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have put off dealing with the DLC until I have finished the base story and the extra PSP content.

Linka,

You should have no issue playing the game and using the save file for a new patch. I am doing it all the time. The only issue I have is that if I update some names/ skills it will not be reflects except if you start a new game. I have finished chapter 9 and working on 10. I plan to release them together. My guessimate for finishing the base story is about 1-2 months from now.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I guess, I guess I'm more wondering how it'd work out with PPSSPP, since I apply the patch to a fresh new file (since I don't have a PSP I'm willing to mod for this.)

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linka,

PPSSPP is even more forgiving than the actual PSP. You should have no issue with an emulator with the save file. I actually use the same save file from the PSP with PPSSPP.

Reactions: Linka

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a bit closer to finishing the base storyline. Chapter 11 is complete.

I also found a bug and a typo for Father Salade later in the game. It is fixed now but requires you to start a new save file to have the typo get fixed. He will show up as "ther Salade" if you have started a save file with the previous patches.

Here is the link to the new patch:
La Pucella Ragnarok Patch V0.1.11

Enjoy.
-ChepChep

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good work! Yeah, not many people would catch the Father Salade typo, since it's pretty late-game. Good luck with chapter 12!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme