Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

Kingofknights

Trophies
XP
Country
[PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation
From this post. Battle flavor text, Creature NPC flavor text and bonus are the only things left.... I kinda confused by this =='. So there're only NPC creature and bonus left, is that correct? Will NPC creature affect the gameplay cuz i dont want to run into some jap while playing the main game. Thaks again ^^

Kingofknights

Trophies
XP
Country
ri65.png
Is this normal or it's just me? I'm using emulator on my android. Havent tried it on my real psp yet

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingofknights,

What it looks like is that you are using an old patch. That scrambled text happens to text that is not translated. If you got the Iso from a rom site most likely it is using an old patch. We had to take out most of the Japanese characters to map in the ASCII alphabet. If you are not using the latest patch there is a slim chance I missed translating that line. All battle flavor text should be translated in the main story.

-ChepChep

Kingofknights

Trophies
XP
Country
Kingofknights,

What it looks like is that you are using an old patch. That scrambled text happens to text that is not translated. If you got the Iso from a rom site most likely it is using an old patch. We had to take out most of the Japanese characters to map in the ASCII alphabet. If you are not using the latest patch there is a slim chance I missed translating that line. All battle flavor text should be translated in the main story.

-ChepChep
I patched the game with a cleaned ISO (caravan) using ver0.2.4. The images above is from the early start of the game (first stage, or it maybe tutorial, i think it's the tutorial cuz the next stage explains how panel works ==). Maybe you mistranslatedthe tutorial flavor text. I'll go deeper into the game to see any changes. Anyway, thanks for the patch, it's awesome

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that is very weird... somehow the patch up is different than the version I have. I am currently re-uploading v0.2.4. It should have that text. The bat should be saying Squeak Squeak in case you are wondering.

- version 0.2.4 (download link)

This version should work. Thanks for reporting back your issue.

Kingofknights

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow that is very weird... somehow the patch up is different than the version I have. I am currently re-uploading v0.2.4. It should have that text. The bat should be saying Squeak Squeak in case you are wondering.

- version 0.2.4 (download link)

This version should work. Thanks for reporting back your issue.
Oh yes, it worked flawlessly. I'll report bugs if i find any. Thanks for the patch as always.
Btw, i heard that you also work on the makai kingdom games, hopefully there will be a patch when iam finish this game

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt Phantom Kingdom Portable (PKP) will have any useful patch by the time you are finished with LPR unless it takes you 6+ months to finish it :). I started working on LPR translation last August so about 8 months ago. Things should go a little bit faster with PKP but it will take at least 6 months to get the main game playable. Also I have no idea what technical troubles I will run into. Every PSP is different even games made by the same company.

I hope you enjoy LPR.

-ChepChep

Reactions: olvita

Unidentified_User

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello chepchep,

sorry to tell you this but your version 0.2.4 has bug. I can't access meuniere forest and the people in the church in pot au feu city does not have dialogues. I don't know what chapter it is. I hope you could fix this. I applied it in a caravan version iso. thank you

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I found the issue... it looks like I may have overwritten chapter 5 with chapter 6 data. I just need to find a clean version of chapter 5 now...

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright the issue is now fixed in patch 0.2.4. I had accidentally overwritten chapter 5 with chapter 6 and caused all these errors. I have been worried I would do this at some point since it is so easy to do. I have replace patch version 0.2.4 with the fixed one.

Please let me know if the patch works. Also if you find any other issues please let me know.

Unidentified_User

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello chepchep,
thanks for fixing the patch. it is working now well. i'll play it again to see if there are still problems in the patch and i will notify you if there is. I will look forward for the patch of the bonus story.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright a quick update:

I have the translation for the second bonus chapter and have inserted it into the game.

The bonus material NPCs are a real pain for the translators since we cannot find many of the in the game, some make no sense and cannot be translated until the story is done. Instead of having half complete chapters, we have decided to wait on releasing any patch until all the bonus chapters are done.

Just two more chapters left of the bonus material.

-ChepChep

BiGnIcK_54g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow im very surprised this is actually getting a really nice translation! i remember when dragonragnarok first started talking about this like two years ago. i hope to play the full English patch good luck

Reactions: Linka

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes