Country
United States
Like this:
20jgrht.jpg

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol wat, how does that happen? A picture is a picture, how could it turn out like a really bad t-shirt print? lol.

EDIT: Yeah, uhhh....

Qmhugk9.jpg

That some corruption, lol. Are you sure there aren't any special settings needed? The BMP the toolkit exports has its rows flipped for example. Which one is original as in the game? BMP?

Reactions: Linka

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original in the game is txp. I tried inserting a png and convert it to txp. It got distorted in that process. Maybe should have tried the bmp to txp instead. I know the bit color has to be just right and I do not have a copy of photoshop to get it just right.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a note, so far, the game is going decently for me. I had to restart since I'm using a new version of PPSSPP, but I've noticed there's some minor lag in some cases. I had another case of a save freeze-- though this time, it lasted far less time than the previous, but I also had lag getting into the second map in the first stage, Grave of Fools-- namely it seemed to freeze for a few seconds in order to load up the cutscene. Is this an emulator problem?

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the emulator issue. The speed and lag depends on how good your computer is that is running PPSSPP. I have had no issue on the PSP. I have been using both and rarely will PPSSPP have speed issues and none on the PSP.

If you have any other issues let me know... especially typos. I keep finding so many of them and fixing them.

In terms of talk00.dat, I am tackling the file now and everything is working well in the patch. Maybe 1/4 the way through it now. After I am done with it, I am going to try to fix some things in the eboot.bin that I screwed up with too literal translations.

Also if anyone is good with Photoshop I could use some help with sys6.txp translation or any of the other images that have Japanese embedded in them.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got sys6.txp working with the translation. For some stupid reason when I edit the PNG and add text it changes the file. If I just manually edit it pixel by pixel in Paint, the image is fine. My bet is paint is adding some extra layer etc that is breaking things. I got it working and here is the result:

I know Element is slightly off but I will fix it before it goes into the patch.

k53bev.jpg

SCO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking great. Are you going to use the single-width font with the 'space font hack' for the final translation now that the alignment bug was fixed? And does that buy you double space for the translation?

Also, i presume that 'TinyThe habit' is a title for tiny. I don't suppose there is a way to insert a space after the Tiny or before the title? 'The' and such should be lower case too i suppose.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no plans to go back through the entire script and convert it to single width since there are still many bugs with single width that have not been fixed. There are also some bugs with double width but I coded up a "special" version of the toolkit to fix the script insertions in those rare occasions.

As far as the TinyThe habit name: there is a file in START_JP.LZS that controls all the prefixes and postfixes for the enemies names. I have not had a chance to go back and fix all the issues in it. Right now I am finishing up talk00.dat and then going to solve a few bugs in eboot.bin.

SCO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try to see if the bugs with single width (crashes weren't they?) were caused by the non multiple of 10 alignment like the texture offset? It could be the same reason for both things.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not ... The bug is when its reading from the same file and between content from that was in the PS2 version and the PSP. If you used single width, you had a 25% chance of the game crashing if you talk to an NPC from PS2 and then a new one in the PSP. I never could solve that one.

SCO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PPSSPP actually has a debugger. So it maybe possible to check what is happening. Not me though.

Lucius73

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, this project looks very promising, chep chep you doing a exceptional work here, i dont know if will help you but me change some of the txp files, i will put here in any case if you can use or anything, me dont know japanise so i put someting that are similar to ps2 english version. i upload the zip file here if you want to test it: *removed link*

thanks for all your work.

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, actually looknig at your scripts ChepChep, you already have a big jumbled mix of single-width and full-width, even within one string. I'd actually be willing to bet that the crash happens due to the full-width characters and strings not being on an even byte.

On that note though, have you already got the script* format worked out?

Reactions: SCO

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might just be me guessing, but something tells me that the issue with the sys6.txp thing most likely has to do with a transparency setting on the image. I just wish I could figure if it's because there is transparency, or because it /lacks/ transparency.

At least you managed to figure it out at all.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I figure that's because the text itself hasn't been translated, and using the romanized lettering is messing it up, as a result?

Like the Dark World/Fusion Shop guy talks like that, but I figured it was because his speech hasn't been translated. The menus itself related to that work fine, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious