Gaming PSP - RPG choice

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I see, now I'm not so sure if I should play the remake/port or play the original. If anyone else has any opinion on this it would be cool. Meanwhile I'll just continue playing the first Persona.

Play the PSP version - there's nothing of any real note to playing the Japanese PSX version, and complaining that an officially translated game is worse than one that never got a western release seems way off. The censorship is pretty much irrelevant and more than likely the stretching is something you'd never notice since you'd probably end up stretching the PSX version anyway.

There's virtually no reason to limit yourself to the original release with a fan translation applied.

Zio Name

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
play the enhanced port, this guy doesnt know what he is going on about

Actually i do, since i played both the PS1 and the PSP version.

@[member='xist']: it may not have received an official western release, but considering the fact that Atlus USA supported the fan translation (there was an interview during a comic expo or a similar event) and even re-released copies of Eternal Punishment near the completition of the translation (maybe it was a little after, i'm not sure about this), for the players who weren't able to get the first time and for players who wanted to continue the story after Innocent Sin, it may be considered the nearest thing possibile to an official release of the PS1 version.

It may seem off comparing the 2 versions, but trust me, i know what i'm talking about. And the extras don't cover (for me, and for a bunch of other people i know) the quality loss.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
infinity hasn't been released in the US/EU, he would get a much better experience playing the english games.

i dont know why you strike'd out phantasy star portable 1 they are both good games.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
infinity hasn't been released in the US/EU, he would get a much better experience playing the english games.

i dont know why you strike'd out phantasy star portable 1 they are both good games.
PsP1 had the most mediocre story of all the ps games ( exept for the MS one and some genesis ones,i played them all) and infinity is better than psp2 no matter how you look at it, devifoxx has an english guide, the online is not filled of attention whores, hackers and trolls and assholes, much better experience overall

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
PsP1 had the most mediocre story of all the ps games ( exept for the MS one and some genesis ones,i played them all) and infinity is better than psp2 no matter how you look at it, devifoxx has an english guide, the online is not filled of attention whores, hackers and trolls and assholes, much better experience overall
i know about the english guide but recommending someone to play infinity that hasn't played the first or second game and use a guide to understand how to play it is just stupid.
both phantasy star portable 1 and 2 are good games and its all you need, infinity is just not worth the hassle.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i know about the english guide but recommending someone to play infinity that hasn't played the first or second game and use a guide to understand how to play it is just stupid.
both phantasy star portable 1 and 2 are good games and its all you need, infinity is just not worth the hassle.
well would it hurt to include it in the list?
it's worth being mentioned to the very least, it's an awesome game and you'll get tempted to play it after you finish the first two

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3