JeX-

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
As you have noticed I have forged reviews from other areas of the web claiming it was mine.

All I can say is I am deeply sorry for what I have done, the reason for my actions where such that I want'ed to make a BIG impression of myself in the reviewing skills category. Although this is no excuse for what i have done.

I will accept FULL responcibility for my actions and take ANY punishment which is given to me, even if it includes to be removed from the magazine staff or even for the forum.

I would acctually thank shingyau for reaveling my forgary, as it had made me realise how much of a fool i am.

I especially apologise to KiVan and Alexander for what I have done, I am aware I may have damaged the Forum's high built reputation.

Again I cannot exspess the fact that I want to truly appologise for everything which I have done.

As i said, I will be willing to accept any action of punishment drown to me, as I deserve it.
frown.gif

I also plan to apologise to the true authors of the reviews, I should have known better not to carry out an action so awfull as this.

-T J

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Since all the things he's done were done as one event, I'll consider this a second chance. I was getting curious about the shift in writing styles, but it's not too far off...

TJ, at least you had the decency to apologize for your actions. We've had a large number of people do really cruel things (several of which are in GBATemp Jail) and never apologize for any of them. The fact that you do so is enough for me to forgive you.

I hold pretty much the same position as Shawn and KiVan. I have no doubt that you'll be able to earn your position back, but earn it back is exactly what you need to do. Don't worry, I'll be waiting.

Oh, and someone moderating the Mag forum: could you unlock and edit out my links in that last newspost to the plagarized reviews? Seeing as how they're a bit of a disgrace now, and they're linked on the front page...

-Tempest out.-

thebluesnote

The not exactly friends with the razor of GbaTemp
Trophies
Website
www.uti.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Since all the things he's done were done as one event, I'll consider this a second chance. I was getting curious about the shift in writing styles, but it's not too far off...
Actually, I don't know who wrote that this was third chance, he was right. There were some minor issues before this.

Anyway, TJ is growing to be a better man thanks to GbaTemp, so it's alright.
smile.gif

ascully

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This seems to be a ongoing problem with the advent of the web, I have seen a lot of stories in the news of pupils copying essays off the web and submiting as there own too.

If that carries on we will end up with a generation of idiots, who can hardly spell or string sentences together.

Still your a brave man for owning up, and it also shows the calibur of people on this forum to forgive him

Well done guys I have faith in human nature once more
smile.gif

Y

youll

I'm actually somewhat surprised at the slew of nice responses here on this forum. I know other forums I'm a member of wouldn't be nearly as forgiving.

While I do commend you for owning up to what you did, I think the responses here are taking a quite serious offense a little too lightly.

TJ, let me ask you a question... how old are you?

You're obviously not old enough to be in college yet, probably not even in what would be High School level here in the US, otherwise you'd already know the seriousness of what you did. As has been mentioned in the other thread, if you were in college and got caught doing something like this - you'd be expelled, end of story. You'd also find it incredibly difficult to be taken back into any school. You've pretty much touched on the most serious offence in Academia.

However this is not academia, this is an internet forum community.
Expelling you from the forum would be extreme.

I strongly feel though, that you should be permanently removed from the Magazine staff.
You're going to have to learn somewhere along the line that this is unacceptable, and letting you stay on after this with this minor slap on the wrist sends the wrong message... to you, and to others reading this site.

I don't want to come off as a hard@$$ or an @$$hole, but I'd be very dissapointed if you were allowed to continue as a member of the magazine staff after this.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sorry left out the word didn't:

meh. don't see why you didn't just come back with a different name?
Double-accounters are caught (eventually) and banned. Whatever he'd lost before would be multiplied by this double-accounting, not supported.

TJ is doing the right thing by continuing to work to repair his trust. If he had double-accounted then it'd be worse, not better.

Check out the Jail. A few people have made multiple accounts to get back in the forums. They all suck. TJ doesn't, especially compared to them (some may still argue that he sucks; I'm not one of them, but compared to those in the jail, he certainly doesn't!)

-Tempest out.-

Mega_Mizzle_X

Music and Me...
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
TJ it seems to me that this plagurism (spelling i no) has brought the forum, which u should b glad are much more forgiving that others which shows intergrety for the forum, closer together even tho i dont support plagurism but ur honesty has brought to me to the conclusion of forgiving u

xero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, even though I never much watched the review section of this site, I must say that what happened is pretty serious. Yes, we all know plagiarism is illegal, and I'd think most any other board would have him permanently banned immediately.

So on the one hand:

But think about this now...how many people here have plagiarized before and not gotten caught? In real life, I mean. I'd be willing to bet a bunch of us have. Whther it's copying a quote and not putting a proper reference in a papaer to stealing blocks of text and not crediting the author, I doubt everyone here can say they are completely innocent.

And on the other hand:

If he owned up to murder in the first degree, would you all still be proud of him for owning up AND giving him a second/third chance? I bet most people would be glad he came forward, but if he went free, chances could be good he'd kill again. So what's to say he won't do this again or other staff members won't do it the first time?

Extreme? Sure, but that's how I see it. The credibility of the whole forum took a shot to the pills here, and it'll take a bit to get back up.

...But...then again, does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Ah, the mysteries of life...
tongue.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
TJ, doing what you did was just a silly mistake you should have thought through, your mistake was made on the net and now you've learned from your mistake, meaning you wont do it again, but most importantly you wont do it if one day your working for some really big company and you have to write and article on something. Although you did something wrong, i believe doing what you did was a positive thing because it will build to your character and your knowledge. I myself have done some very stupid things, things i think back to and wish i never did but till this day have i made that exact same mistakes i made in my past that i regreted? no i haven't, making mistakes has made me into a better person. The same applies to you. Ultimately the saying you learn from your mistakes is a very deep saying. You've just learned something, this is a positive experience.
smile.gif
Like my grandmother always says, "don't worry be happy!"

ent

for breakfast
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anyway where'd ya nick the reviews from?

also i do reckon it's better to have come forward. saves getting bloody embarassed when someone catches ya.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
And on the other hand:

If he owned up to murder in the first degree [.....]
huh.gif
It seems to be a too strength comparison for me...
Hey, one of my friends likens typos on ANYTHING (even address books) to the death of thousands (by saying "it's okay to miss one out of a hundred letters? What if doctors dropped one out of a hundred babies? What if one out of a hundred pilots crashed their planes?"...). This comparison Xero's making is extreme, but at least it's about something serious. A better example would be comparing it to theft, which is, after all, what plagarism is.

-Tempest out.-

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hey King give it up already. He said sorry and he has been forgiven. Anyone who does something bad and apologised for it (and means it) should get another chance. ANYONE, me, you, shaun, Tempest,D2, coolcat even KiVan, EVERYONE deserves a second chance if they are really sorry. I would say that TJ should get banned or be kicked of the team if he does anything like this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious