Hacking [Q] Got a PSP Go OFW 6.60, how risky is Infinity 6.61?

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I'm used to install/update PSP CFW on 1000/2000 models, so I just got an old PSP Go OFW 6.60, and installed 6.60LME2.3, it works great.
But since I want something a bit more premanent, I was wondering how reliable is infinity installation on those?
I heard there are risk of brick so I wanted to have some feedback before trying it.

Thanks guys! :)

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IIRC it happened once (apparently) but the Dev (Davee) wasn't able to reproduce it. Pretty sure he removed availability to whatever version that was believed (By the one guy who claimed it happened) to have caused it. I would say its safe, I've been using it since the day it launched.

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
IIRC it happened once (apparently) but the Dev (Davee) wasn't able to reproduce it. Pretty sure he removed availability to whatever version that was believed (By the one guy who claimed it happened) to have caused it. I would say its safe, I've been using it since the day it launched.
Thank you for the information :D
Indeed even when searching, I can't find any trace of someone telling they bricked their psp go with infinity themselves.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the information :D
Indeed even when searching, I can't find any trace of someone telling they bricked their psp go with infinity themselves.
Yeah after I wrote the reply I started to poke around myself. I can find a few ppl saying that they bricked using the Network Update utility on twitter but if the issue occured during the network update that means they already had a previous version installed and I would assume that would mean that those bricks should or could have been recoverable as Infinity is supposed to make most bricking issues recoverable. (This is mostly just my recollection from a few years ago, take it with a grain of salt). I have been using it since launch and installed it on my Go as well as a cpl other random PSP's. Pretty sure it's all gravy!

Reactions: Stremon

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
Yeah after I wrote the reply I started to poke around myself. I can find a few ppl saying that they bricked using the Network Update utility on twitter but if the issue occured during the network update that means they already had a previous version installed and I would assume that would mean that those bricks should or could have been recoverable as Infinity is supposed to make most bricking issues recoverable. (This is mostly just my recollection from a few years ago, take it with a grain of salt). I have been using it since launch and installed it on my Go as well as a cpl other random PSP's. Pretty sure it's all gravy!
I just did the install of infinity + 6.61PRO, worked like a charm :D

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed infinity on a PSP Go without issue about a year ago, haven't had a single issue with it since :)
Yeah, it's sweet although I do miss the save state function and if it weren't for the added un-bricking capability I probably would just go back to LCFW if I used mine regularly since its not a huge pain to launch it (especially when you are using the hack that changes the Qriocity or whatever to trigger it) so I could use save states again. I really liked that feature on the Go...

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
Pause function is like a cup of water in the desert during boss fights whats the point of passing Infinity then jumping CFW especially LME is 3 seconds and just one hit button.

kagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
small question, did any of you used infinity 1.02 installer?

the page says it adds the pause/restore function for PSP Go...

or that's exactly the one bugged? (or the installer people say that bricks?)

kagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, after digging...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-find-updated-infinity-firmware.440509/

that and with twitter, it seems (as stated before) only 1.02 had issues when using network installer, 1.00 is ok, and so is the regular installer for 1.02 (if you find it), problem is, some homebrew/emus don't work with the 1.02 one (even though other stuff was fixed, like Pause function)

1.03 was bound to arrive some days later, but he had to reinstall his whole computer and the project didn't came back at all, and we're almost 2 years away from that day...

I'm gonna guess that if you want full PSP Go features and full homebrew compatibility (and plugins) the best and only current way is to have the temp 6.60? (either LME or Pro)

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
ok, after digging...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-find-updated-infinity-firmware.440509/

that and with twitter, it seems (as stated before) only 1.02 had issues when using network installer, 1.00 is ok, and so is the regular installer for 1.02 (if you find it), problem is, some homebrew/emus don't work with the 1.02 one (even though other stuff was fixed, like Pause function)

1.03 was bound to arrive some days later, but he had to reinstall his whole computer and the project didn't came back at all, and we're almost 2 years away from that day...

I'm gonna guess that if you want full PSP Go features and full homebrew compatibility (and plugins) the best and only current way is to have the temp 6.60? (either LME or Pro)

If you want these and + permanent cfw 6.20 is the better choice. And it runs any game.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Go, I have used infinity since day one of buying the Go. It works perfect. I have received no errors and I also have the memory card mod for micro sd cards too. Best hacked console ever.

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Go, I have used infinity since day one of buying the Go. It works perfect. I have received no errors and I also have the memory card mod for micro sd cards too. Best hacked console ever.

Can you share a photo of your micro sd mod please ? Is it kouchan66's adapter or you made it ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica