quadforce v 0.1 FINAL by crediar

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
How to do so?
Just make the iso with DiscEx as usual, then edit the files with any Hex editor. At the very top of the file you'll see the game ID along with the title "Sample Game Name" which you can just overwrite with the ID and title of your choice. WiiTDB's ids for them are GGPE01 for GP and GGPE02 for GP 2, I believe those are also the ids that the leaked releases used judging by the info there. Either way it works great for separating them in GX and making them compatible with Wiinertags.

Thanks for the help man :) and I can use any hex editor or do you recommend one?

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what file do i need to hex edit so i can do those changes?

if i hex edit the iso file first then discex it, the game wont load .. i get a green screen.. any ideas?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
what file do i need to hex edit so i can do those changes?

if i hex edit the iso file first then discex it, the game wont load .. i get a green screen.. any ideas?
i hex edited mine first the used discex
cfg loader gives me a green screen but the DML booter and GX work fine

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
How do I boot into this? Not been on ze Wii scene properly for a bit (kids etc), and Im a bit rusty to say the least. Is SNEEK and/or USB loader required for this?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This works for me on the real NAND using DML booter, but loading times are very long in both Mario Kart GP games, and the first one has a hiccup every half a second that causes lag in menus and ingame making it very annoying to play. It doesn't happen during the countdown at the beginning of a race, however, which leads me to believe it may be related to music playback. Has anyone else had the same problem? Is it my SD card? I've tried multiple different ones, but I don't have a spare class 10 card or similar to test if a higher speed card will solve the problem.

GP 2 is just overall so slow in menus that I haven't bothered sitting through them to test how it performs ingame, so I don't expect the SD card to make a difference there. It would be great if I could get GP 1 to work without lag though.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Can't even get DML Booter to boot. It's freezing at the "loading apploader" screen. Installed DML, booter, quadforce and DML Booter Forwarder and no joy at all.

Is there a definitive "how to" for this on real NAND? I've got as far as selecting MKGP from DML Booter menu, it then says "loading main.dol", screen goes black and my drive spins twice.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't even get DML Booter to boot. It's freezing at the "loading apploader" screen. Installed DML, booter, quadforce and DML Booter Forwarder and no joy at all.

Is there a definitive "how to" for this on real NAND? I've got as far as selecting MKGP from DML Booter menu, it then says "loading main.dol", screen goes black and my drive spins twice.

your sd card is incompatible quadforce is using the same bootloader than dml 1.4b so if it dosen't work with dml it doesn't work with quadforce

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

your sd card is incompatible quadforce is using the same bootloader than dml 1.4b so if it dosen't work with dml it doesn't work with quadforce

Is there any SDHC issues with this? I'm using an 8GB Sandisk SDHC that I've not had compatibility issues with before with Wii apps.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
But surely this program will either break or stop diosmioslite from functioning??? anyone???

If you have read the readme you would know that it does in fact affect DML, however reinstalling the Mios and DML should solve this problem, personally I just keep all 4 wad file "quadforce, DML r58, DML 1.4b, Mios" in my wads folder just in case!

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to see if there's something I'm missing. I dragged the bin file for Mario Kart Arcade GP onto Disc EX and then put that folder where I put my DML games (DML works for me btw). I have the Quadforce wad installed, but each time I attempt to load the game I see the triforce loading screen, and after that a green screen that doesn't go away. This is the same for both the first and second game. I've tried loading with USB loader GX, DML booter, and Configurable USB loader but they all give me the same result. Any ideas what my problem is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: Hello