Quake DS - Prerelease version

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Make sure the patched program file is in the root directory and the .pak files and the configuration file are in the /id1 folder. It works fine on the R4DS after this is done. I've tried the shareware version and the full version. Both work.

If you have more question go to the programs homepage: http://quake.drunkencoders.com/

yes i patched the .nds file the game still didn't load, i put the iD1 folder in the root of the memory card and the quake .nds file in the same place, the game still didn't load, i put the .pak and quake file in the root with no folders still didn't load.

QUOTEJala.. You have to install quake on your PC and after you'll find the .pak file on your computer. It's only after that you could copy the .pak and use Quake DS

yes i did that i installed the program got the .pak file and loaded it onto my micro SD patched the .nds file and tried to boot it and that stupid error message came up, i wasted 2 hours trying to get this piece of crap to work.

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Got the commercial version working on my R4, runs fast...can't wait to see the bugs fixed
smile.gif

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Quake1 would not start on my EZ4...
I did exactly what was on his site.. However I used some old PAK files I had lying around.. It just hung in the EZ menu.

simonjhall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, besides people having problems with the DLDI fat drivers and getting a hold of the pak (not wad) files, did anyone find any show-stopping bugs in the game?
I don't do a lot of varied level testing (I normally only do my thang on the same few levels) so I'd just like to know about any killer bugs that have been found... (I know that some levels give you a message like MAX_MOD_KNOWN when you start them)

In case you still can't figure out your pak files, get a hold of ANY version of the pak files (shareware, commercial, and any platform should do) and put those one or two files in a directory named id1 in the root of your card. Put the binary in the root of your card (not in id1).
From what people have been telling me, it runs on most hardware but the one that I hear most about is the DSLink, which no-one has working. I developed this port on the GBAMP (CF), Supercard SD (mini-SD) and M3 Simply (aka the R4) so I can confirm they run fine.

However, as not all cards are made equal, I've heard that people have better luck using the Moonshell DLDI drivers for some cards, so have a hunt around for them :-)

Anyway, I'm *aiming* to have networking, 'CD' music, lighting and proper texturing in the next build, so stay tuned!

Oh and I'm not the same guy who did the first port of Quake - I only started this one in late October '06 :-D

Thanks for playing btw!

hobochangba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there, besides people having problems with the DLDI fat drivers and getting a hold of the pak (not wad) files, did anyone find any show-stopping bugs in the game?
I don't do a lot of varied level testing (I normally only do my thang on the same few levels) so I'd just like to know about any killer bugs that have been found... (I know that some levels give you a message like MAX_MOD_KNOWN when you start them)

In case you still can't figure out your pak files, get a hold of ANY version of the pak files (shareware, commercial, and any platform should do) and put those one or two files in a directory named id1 in the root of your card. Put the binary in the root of your card (not in id1).
From what people have been telling me, it runs on most hardware but the one that I hear most about is the DSLink, which no-one has working. I developed this port on the GBAMP (CF), Supercard SD (mini-SD) and M3 Simply (aka the R4) so I can confirm they run fine.

However, as not all cards are made equal, I've heard that people have better luck using the Moonshell DLDI drivers for some cards, so have a hunt around for them :-)

Anyway, I'm *aiming* to have networking, 'CD' music, lighting and proper texturing in the next build, so stay tuned!

Oh and I'm not the same guy who did the first port of Quake - I only started this one in late October '06 :-D

Thanks for playing btw!

Apart from running a bit fast I've not seen many bugs.

Guess it will be easier to spot them with textures on the "baddies"

btw thanks
bow.gif

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
Just installed it on my R4 and...Wow! This runs faster and smoother than DS DooM. I presume that once all the textures and lighting have been added it'll slow down a little but this is shaping up to be pretty damn amazing. Especially if you can get online play on the go! This could certainly be a MP:H beater.

BTW: Is there any chance that a slot 2 memory pak could be used a la Picodrive? Maybe that would make the online side a little more possible?

smile.gif

EDIT: Spelling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P