Homebrew Question about FBI and Game Updates (can we blend game serials)?

grcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. I have a very specific question.

I know that CTR-P is a game title; CTR-M is an update; and CTR-U is a patch/update for a game. I also understand that one should not mix updates or DLC from different regions (ie use USA updates and DLC for USA CTR-P content).

However, Fire Emblem: Fates is a bit of a weird case. The game came out in three variants: Conquest (CTR-BFYE), Birthright (CTR-BFXE) and the Special Edition (CTR-BFZE). I have the Special Edition installed (CTR-P-BFZE) but I have the DLC for the Birthright version (CTR-M-BFXE). Will these two be compatible with one another?

grcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My presumption is a no. I have the same issue and the DLC is not working (running LE (CTR-P-BFZE) with Birthright DLC (CTR-M-BFXE-00). DLC not loading but game runs fine otherwise/

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First and foremost, product codes don't matter at all - titleIDs do

A regular application, for example 00040000-02A4B200:
can only load updates from title 0004000E-02A4B200
can only mount DLC from titles 0004008C-02A4B2?? (if it has been programmed to do so)
can usually only load saves from itself (and optionally a limited number of other preprogrammed titleIDs)
can only write saves to itself
can only connect wirelessly to a title with the same link ID (this is different from a titleID)
can only sync via streetpass to a title with the same streetpass ID (this is different from all of the above)
:)

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

grcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And how can we identify this information and also is it possible to fix problems with DLCs not being detected? For example, FE Fates has this weird situation with the three unique title IDs reflecting the three versions of the game. Each one seemingly has its own DLC.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And how can we identify this information
There are many valid ways - one is with a PC to use ctrtool to inspect the main ncch of the title, if you already have it installed you can use FBI2's Titles mode, or you can inspect the main (decrypted) ncch manually with a hex editor (like GM9's)...

As for the other question, the problem is in your phrasing:
the three versions of the game
If they have different titleIDs, they're not "different versions" - they're as technically separate from each other as Mario 3D Land is to Xenoblade 3D, and it makes no sense to try to give Smash Bros access to home themes because it's not programmed to understand them anyway :)

You could extract the DLCs on a computer, change their IDs (I've never tried but it's likely more annoying than editing other kinds of titles, since DLCs are split/sold at a lower-than-title level which introduces added complexity), and reassemble; but even if you masterfully did that, there's no guarantee of feasibility unless you also were to research and edit the game+update...

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop doing drugs