Hacking Question about future updates with A9LH

nickwhit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I have my o3DS on 10.7 sysnand with A9LH (no emunand).. along with the spoofed regionfree patched home..

What are my options for when future system updates roll out? With my old emunand I would just update it with no worries for the most part knowing my sysnand was never being touched. But now its all I have. Is avoiding updates my only option?

Id rather not wipe my card just to create a new emunand to use like I did my old sysnand. The removal of emunand from my SD was a main reason for the upgrade to A9LH.

nickwhit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using AuReiNAND, you're set, just update normally.

If you're on CakesFW, make sure you've got FIRM write protection enabled, and then you're set.
Sweet. Thanks for the info :)
I do remember that step of the process.. I originally setup with Cakes then later switched to ReiN.
I was just worried cause before now I always used rxTools.. and just checked here before updating that. Though I suppose thats still always a good idea lol

Fureshyu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@astronautlevel Sorry this is off topic but how can I boot into sysnand? I've been trying to ask in the Aureinand forum but no one is answering. I'm pressing L or R into boot and it just brings me to emunand. I'm using arm9select w Fix94's fork. I have both firmware.bin files so what am I doing wrong?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
@astronautlevel Sorry this is off topic but how can I boot into sysnand? I've been trying to ask in the Aureinand forum but no one is answering. I'm pressing L or R into boot and it just brings me to emunand. I'm using arm9select w Fix94's fork. I have both firmware.bin files so what am I doing wrong?
Pressing L + R will boot a seconary arm9 payload. You'll need to create an empty "updatedsysnand" file in your /rei/ folder :)

Fureshyu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pressing L + R will boot a seconary arm9 payload. You'll need to create an empty "updatedsysnand" file in your /rei/ folder :)

Doesn't the updatedsysnand file make it boot directly into sysnand? I just want the option to be able to boot into sysnand. Also if I were to do that would the extention be .txt?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It's just a joke..