Hacking PS1/2 Question about MechaPwn and FMCB.

paburo-san666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well I'm gonna put MechaPwn on my fat PS2 (SCPH-50004, PAL). I have three questions about it:
-Would it disable the region lock?
-Would I restore my PS2 into the original version if I want?
-Can I still use FMCB?

Hope for an answer. Thanks in advance.

PS: Sorry for my choppy english.

Last edited by paburo-san666,

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried it with my PAL 50003. I tried the CEX (as I understand it, the DEX one, you won't be able to use any of the functions)and it would no longer boot PAL PS2 or PS1 original disc games (don't currently have any USA NTSC games, but I strongly suspect it would have booted the PS2 original discs)

I then restored the original nvm.bin and noted that the PAL original discs would boot again fine.

I really only wanted to do this to run PS1 games in 60hz, but I need to buy a real PS1 USA game

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mechapwn doesn't necessarily remove the region lock, it just changes your region from one to another. This means only that regions games will work, no others, even if you have say a PAL PS2. Although I do believe that there is a way to enable all regions at once, but don't quote that. (DEX mode?)

You should be able to change it back, but there is always a tiny chance for failure so be careful.

FMCB should work as normal as long as you installed it with the "multi-install" method. If you're unsure just rerun the FMCB installer and install with the multi install option over your current install. (Make sure to remove any other memory cards to make sure you don't delete any important saves.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments +1