Hacking Question about Retail Xbox 360 profile to be used on an RGH and later syncing it to Xbox Live

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, guys i have a question : If i can use my Xbox 360 profile on a RGH'ed console (the profile is from my other retail 360, contains all the achievements..etc) and play games on there, say later i want to transfer back my profile from the RGH console to the retail one, and sync my profile to Xbox Live (and probably transfer my saves to the Cloud, i'm not modding my savefiles btw), could i get flagged or banned because i used homebrew to launch games or something? can MS detect that for either the achievements/savefiles ? Thanks!

Last edited by CoolMe,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just make sure you keep backups of the entire USB drive on your laptop and only insert the USB when you've booted a game.
Sign in after booting a game and sign out before exiting out to dash.

Make sure that you're NEVER signed in when on FSD/Aurora or anything homebrew.
Those programs will add data to your profile and MS can detect this.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just make sure you keep backups of the entire USB drive on your laptop and only insert the USB when you've booted a game.
Sign in after booting a game and sign out before exiting out to dash.

Make sure that you're NEVER signed in when on FSD/Aurora or anything homebrew.
Those programs will add data to your profile and MS can detect this.
Interesting, i remember hearing about this work around before but couldn't recall the details.. As for USB you mean i should put my profile in there and never in the internal HDD, right? It's daunting but i guess doable.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Interesting, i remember hearing about this work around before but couldn't recall the details.. As for USB you mean i should put my profile in there and never in the internal HDD, right? It's daunting but i guess doable.

Yes.
Leave it on the USB and save your games to the USB.
Always make a copy right before you wanna get achievements.

If the 360 crashes and reboots your profile is likely to be signed in when you're on a alt dash.
Hence the copies are important In case that happens.
If it does, just delete everything off off the USB and copy the backup to it.
You can continue where you left off.

Rather loose a bit of progress then your entire gamertag + achievements etc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
Leave it on the USB and save your games to the USB.
Always make a copy right before you wanna get achievements.

If the 360 crashes and reboots your profile is likely to be signed in when you're on a alt dash.
Hence the copies are important In case that happens.
If it does, just delete everything off off the USB and copy the backup to it.
You can continue where you left off.

Rather loose a bit of progress then your entire gamertag + achievements etc.

when you say usb, you mean formatting a usb drive for use with the 360, not a fat32 drive, right? I think my profile and all saves are still on the internal hdd.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
when you say usb, you mean formatting a usb drive for use with the 360, not a fat32 drive, right? I think my profile and all saves are still on the internal hdd.

FAT32 is fine iirc.
There should be 1 content folder that just needs to be backed up which contains profiles/saves etc.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will FSD read the profile from fat32 or must it be fatx? this is for use with the system or just backing up the stuff?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And what about uploading my saves to the cloud so i can use them with Xbox SX games... can i disable RGH for that?

Only if you have a Dual NAND installed.
Otherwise you'll need to unhack it and rehack it or use a live enabled machine by copying saves to a USB.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it probably doesn't matter too much. I've opened FSD and xexmenu several times. I also changed the profile name. I forgot what it was before, but godreborn was in the name. I couldn't use godreborn itself as the name had been taken, but I changed my profile name to godreborn afterwards at some point.

CoolMe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean here if the console crashes on dash or in the game? Assuming i'm only going to sign in until i boot the game, since i have another profile that auto sign-in in Aurora.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What do you mean here if the console crashes on dash or in the game? Assuming i'm only going to sign in until i boot the game, since i have another profile that auto sign-in in Aurora.

FSD/Aurora or any homebrew can add data to a profile, you want to keep yours as clean as possible.
If the 360 crashes in game and your profile gets loaded upon boot, the alternate dash can tamper with your profile, hence restoring a backup is better then risking it.

CoolMe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FSD/Aurora or any homebrew can add data to a profile, you want to keep yours as clean as possible.
If the 360 crashes in game and your profile gets loaded upon boot, the alternate dash can tamper with your profile, hence restoring a backup is better then risking it.
Ok, what about if i use the normal Xbox Dash to launch games instead of Aurora (360 boots directly to normal dash), could my profile get affected this way too?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, what about if i use the normal Xbox Dash to launch games instead of Aurora (360 boots directly to normal dash), could my profile get affected this way too?

I think you'll need a flashed drive or use legit stuff on the official dash. you may be able to use pirated stuff on the dash, but only with dlc if it's enabled in dashlaunch.

CoolMe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use God files made from my own discs, as i try to minimize the use of the disc drive/discs.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if you have a Dual NAND installed.
Otherwise you'll need to unhack it and rehack it or use a live enabled machine by copying saves to a USB.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it probably doesn't matter too much. I've opened FSD and xexmenu several times. I also changed the profile name. I forgot what it was before, but godreborn was in the name. I couldn't use godreborn itself as the name had been taken, but I changed my profile name to godreborn afterwards at some point.
I think it will be easier just to buy a new 360 :v

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: anybody here?