kokkie20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!
I got a few questions about SX OS and combined with the switch.
I ordered the Pro version of it as i tought that would be easier for me to take care of all the stuff that needs to be done.
Tough i got a few questions...

I want to use the SX-OS ony in offline mode (For playing certain backups of games)
But my question is. If i play the games in offline mode on the CFW, and let's say i want to play online mode in the OFW
Is there any chance of nintendo detecting that? That i played on a CFW a few games, but when i go to OFW i have the original cartridge?
Or is it better just to keep the switch offline when i use the CFW till there is more information about the flagging of the consoles?
Almost thinking it better to try to get me a 2nd switch for cheap but i rather have 1 as they are quite expensive here even 2nd hand ones....

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah, nobody truly knows what is safe at this point (except staying offline forever lol), I would recommend you stay offline until a better solution is out (preferably an emunand solution so all backup functions are sandboxed from touching the official FW and leaving traces that Nintendo might be able to detect

personally I have just made a nand backup from before touching any CFW, and I'm now offline, if I ever want to play online again I will just restore the backup and I should be good to go with no chance on Nintendo knowing any cfw was ever used :ph34r:

Last edited by gamesquest1,

kokkie20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thank you for the fast reply!
Ok i will stay offline then till there is more information!
About updates, is there any solution for that? I readed that certain games require a update, rather left those games to the side or go to the OFW to update and then go back into offline mode?

Sorry for all the questions, quite new to the switch scene so i try to learn as much as possible about it (I read a lot to but not all is kinda clear for me hence i ask all the questions atm :) )

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah its a conundrum for games that require updates, I'm sure in time we will have a method for installing updates offline, but for now if you need an update I'm assuming the safest way is to load the game in cfw, switch back to OFW, grab the update, then switch back, but again there is the possibility of logs reaching Nintendo, idk how much info the switch stores in regards to what carts have been used etc. I guess you will just have to decide if the risk is worth it to you

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thank you for the fast reply!
Ok i will stay offline then till there is more information!
About updates, is there any solution for that? I readed that certain games require a update, rather left those games to the side or go to the OFW to update and then go back into offline mode?

Sorry for all the questions, quite new to the switch scene so i try to learn as much as possible about it (I read a lot to but not all is kinda clear for me hence i ask all the questions atm :) )
You'll still get banned once you go back online

kokkie20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then i will stick to offline till further information is found out by the wonderfull people here and on other places!
Thank you all for the quick information, realy appreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious