Question about VPN

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As a rule of thumb for me, any VPN that advertises (hard) with say, youtube sponsorships, isn't worth it, as they are too obviously in it for the money, which raises concerns.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@godreborn - some private trackers don't let you use a vpn, do make sure before hand that the sites you use allow you to do so.
It is possible to use regular vpns with specific applications (and your un-vpn network for the rest of your applications) but it doesn't look so simple to do that.
you can do things like that very easily via a proxy though, you can get many paid proxies online.
I've never used their services, but it looks like nordvpn gives you access to some proxies if you have an account with them, and even have a small guide on how to set up qbittorrent specifically! easy.
https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Proxy/1087802472/Proxy-setup-on-qBittorrent.htm

some private trackers don't allow you to download via a vpn, or a 'not only just for you' vpn (one that other users could be using) - like I said at the beginning, best to check the rules.

For advanced users, I recommend renting a cheap linux box with its own ip address, and you can set up openvpn on that, download stuff directly on that... etc etc

Oh Jesus - could you be any more obviously out to infringe *the laws in your region* while asking for the most plain and easy supportquestion google could probably help with?

So no well crafted answer from me - but I'm linking you a tool so you know that stuff like that exists:
http://checkmyip.torrentprivacy.com/
no problem for him to ask a question... it's not like we're helping him kill someone or harm a child. relax!

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: godreborn

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Tails is not a VPN. It's a os that has tor built into it. And tor is not a VPN, it's also not really fast as it's relays are typically hosted on residential networks and you'll randomly connect to multiple relays across the world and that'll increase latency, therefore slow speeds.

you trade speed for anonymity/security , i have a gigabit line so i dont really have issues with speed

its better than a vpn, it routes all your internet traffic via tor, you can also use bridges too

or use whonix

vpn is effectively a private isp that encrypts your traffic, you just change who receives your data, tor is p2p, also encrypts, but also obfuscates your traffic so any outsider can't tell what you're doing

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag