Hacking [Question] arm9l to b9s?

SkulllKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main reason you switch to b9s is because it goes into a deeper part of the 3ds's bootrom which is boot11.A9lh is only using the arm9 bootrom which isn't supported anymore with luma.Using a older luma on a future higher fw can run into issues.
Yeah thats because i want to upgrade, and if someone else use my console and they update i want to keep the cw, and i don't like the update messages xD

Turn off the 3ds, then turn it on while holding select. If you see Luma 8.1 menu, it was successful
Ok it say that, so i think I'm done, so now i can update right? (sorry for keep asking this so many times haha)

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah thats because i want to upgrade, and if someone else use my console and they update i want to keep the cw, and i don't like the update messages xD

Ok it say that, so i think I'm done, so now i can update right? (sorry for keep asking this so many times haha)
I would wait a few days before you update

D

Deleted User

You can update if you are exactly on b9s 1.2 with luma 8.1.Once you are shure,you can safely update to 11.5.The only thing broken right now is ntr so if you need to have cheats,you should wait.

SkulllKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would wait a few days before you update
why? so it's better to stay on 11.3 for a few days?

You can update if you are exactly on b9s 1.2 with luma 8.1.Once you are shure,you can safely update to 11.5.The only thing broken right now is ntr so if you need to have cheats,you should wait.
I know i'm on luma 8.1 but how can i check if i have the b9s 1.2?

D

Deleted User

why? so it's better to stay on 11.3 for a few days?

I know i'm on luma 8.1 but how can i check if i have the b9s 1.2?
If you followed the guide posted to upgrade from a9lh to b9s and you get 8.1 to show up when holding select for the luma config,then most likely you have 1.2 obviously since nothing below 1.2 can boot luma 8.1.If that's the case,then you should be good.

Last edited by ,

SkulllKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you followed the guide posted to upgrade from a9lh to b9s and you get 8.1 to show up when holding select for the luma config,then most likely you have 1.2 obviously since nothing below 1.2 can boot luma 8.1.If that's the case,then you should be good.

Ok then I'm done, and all thanks to you guys!! but why @Dionicio3 tell me to wait to upddate?

All of you are the best, and this one is the best website with great people that really like to help! Whenever i can i'm gonna try to help, like you help me!

D

Deleted User

Ok then I'm done, and all thanks to you guys!! but why @Dionicio3 tell me to wait to upddate?

All of you are the best, and this one is the best website with great people that really like to help! Whenever i can i'm gonna try to help, like you help me!
Because ntr is broken which is a cheat/streaming tool,which will get fixed later on.If you don't use it then update.Everything else works like normal.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I check the steps, and i have the files on the boot9strap folder, i'm gonna try to update the luma first, in the files of boot9strap.firm it comes like boot9strap_dev.firm and boot9strap_dev.firm.sha I alreay try like that an i try just boot9strap.firm but it works on both names or it just have to be boot9strap.firm? (I'm gonna try to update luma i think is that)
The guide was very clear about what to download, and it didn't mention anything about renaming files. Considering what you were messing with, you're very lucky you didn't do something that would have bricked your 3DS. If you can't follow instructions, you shouldn't be messing with your 3DS.

Reactions: Quantumcat

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The guide was very clear about what to download, and it didn't mention anything about renaming files. Considering what you were messing with, you're very lucky you didn't do something that would have bricked your 3DS. If you can't follow instructions, you shouldn't be messing with your 3DS.
fire

SkulllKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah yeah i know, and i hack my console with that guide, but idk I skip that note ()* because i read all the bubbles, but i really apreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, i think its difficult to pinpoint but probably the first two