Hacking Question regarding Emunand on newest Firmware

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everyone,

sorry if it is a dumb question, but i didn´t fiddle with my 3ds (old and new) for a very long time.
Latest Gateway Firmware is 3.7.1 both on my New3DS and Old3DS.
I am not exactky sure which 3ds Firmware is installed currently, but i know it is not 11.

So basically my question is if i can update my Emunands on both new and old 3ds safely to the newest 3DS FW ? I guess newest FW is 11 right ?

I am at work right now so i can´t blaze through the forums as i would like to, so i could get the information on my own.
Any help would be very appreciated, thanks in advance everyone.

Cheers

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Or alternatively, because everyone seem to suggest: What CFW should i install, and waht do i have to take care of, like my existing emunand etc. The FW on both New3DS and Old3DS are 9.2 i think.
I want to use cheats, simply because i do not have time for grinding and leveling up in games like Xenoblade.
What would you suggest ? Do you have links with tutorials for switching from Gateway to CFW ?
Tutorials for backing up exiting Emunand and restoring it for use with CFW ?
Sorry, i have not touched my 3ds for a very long time, basically i just made the 3.7.1 gateway update and then emunand update after that and since then the 3ds were not used at all due to other games on xbox 1 and ps4...
Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
With Gateway 3.7.1 you are fine to update to the latest version in emuNAND. If you're using menuhax you might like to add Luma3DS, and configure boot manager to let you boot into it by holding a button (useful if you ever misplace your Gateway cartridge and want to play your installed games).

Or you can go the whole hog and install a9lh using Plailect's guide (you can later get Gateway to autoboot or have it boot when a button is held at startup).

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With Gateway 3.7.1 you are fine to update to the latest version in emuNAND. If you're using menuhax you might like to add Luma3DS, and configure boot manager to let you boot into it by holding a button (useful if you ever misplace your Gateway cartridge and want to play your installed games).

Or you can go the whole hog and install a9lh using Plailect's guide (you can later get Gateway to autoboot or have it boot when a button is held at startup).

Thanks for your answer. So first i will update to newest emunand i guess. Do you have any link for me to read into this luma3ds and a9lh topics ? i have many games on gateways micro sd card and would like to be able to play also from my gateway in the future. From your answer it seems possible to have the best of "both worlds", meaning having luma3ds with a9lh and being able to boot into gateway if i want to. Are there any known issues or risks of bricks when setting it up like i described ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for your answer. So first i will update to newest emunand i guess. Do you have any link for me to read into this luma3ds and a9lh topics ? i have many games on gateways micro sd card and would like to be able to play also from my gateway in the future. From your answer it seems possible to have the best of "both worlds", meaning having luma3ds with a9lh and being able to boot into gateway if i want to. Are there any known issues or risks of bricks when setting it up like i described ?

This thread is for updating from rxTools to Luma, but it should be similar for you (don't delete the Gateway files, and just add an extra entry in boot manager rather than changing the existing entry): https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/

For a9lh, there is this very long guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and when you're finished, use https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/ to have Gateway work with it.

Reactions: Lnkcld

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...