Question Regarding Switch Atmosphere CFW Recovering OFW Files

reymas101

Professional GBAtemp Noob
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully installed CFW on my Switch a few days ago and recently upgraded to a larger microSD card. Before having to format my SD card in preparation for CFW I backed up my OFW files (the "Nintendo" folder containing "saves", "album", and other data) Can I copy and paste these files onto my partitioned SD card or am I going to have to redownload everything via the eShop?

EDIT: I've copied and pasted over my old Nintendo folder to my SD card and I still have to redownload data for each title even on OFW. Album data is the only thing that seems to show up on OFW. Did I do something wrong/ is there a special tool to use for recovering OFW saves and data or do I have to manually redownload everything from the eShop? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you copy over the "Nintendo" folder from old card to new card, games will stay (if using CFW), no need to reload. All game saves are stored on the switch, not on the sd cards. If you installed games with CFW, then go back to OFW, then yes they will not work, and you will be forced to redownload them. Also if you are not using emunand on OFW, then you are prob already banned or on a soon to be banned list. Good luck and have fun.

reymas101

Professional GBAtemp Noob
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you copy over the "Nintendo" folder from old card to new card, games will stay (if using CFW), no need to reload. All game saves are stored on the switch, not on the sd cards. If you installed games with CFW, then go back to OFW, then yes they will not work, and you will be forced to redownload them. Also if you are not using emunand on OFW, then you are prob already banned or on a soon to be banned list. Good luck and have fun.
Thank you for the response, fortunately, I am using emunand but my game saves (that aren't backed up by Nintendo Switch Online) arent available anymore and all update data both on CFW and OFW are not working and I'm prompted to reinsert the original SD card when opening anything downloaded from the eShop. This is after copying and pasting my old switch files to my new SD card. The only thing showing up is album photos

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully installed CFW on my Switch a few days ago and recently upgraded to a larger microSD card. Before having to format my SD card in preparation for CFW I backed up my OFW files (the "Nintendo" folder containing "saves", "album", and other data) Can I copy and paste these files onto my partitioned SD card or am I going to have to redownload everything via the eShop?

EDIT: I've copied and pasted over my old Nintendo folder to my SD card and I still have to redownload data for each title even on OFW. Album data is the only thing that seems to show up on OFW. Did I do something wrong/ is there a special tool to use for recovering OFW saves and data or do I have to manually redownload everything from the eShop? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Your question was answered in this thread. For future reference, if you would like my assistance or any future help, I would highly recommend using that thread instead of making a new one.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P