Hacking Quick question about Acekard updating

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally getting around to updating my Acekard for my 3DS, and i just wanted to make sure. All i need to do is download the update file from the stickied topic?

Would it matter how long its been since the card has been updated last? (I know its an HW81, and the current firmware is v1.8.5). Didnt know if i had to update to something else before i update to the 3DS compatible firmwares

I always like being cautious before i update, dont want to accidentally brick myself or something. So thanks for any help
smile.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the latest update file for DSi 1.4.3 and 3DS 2.1.0-4: http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw...ds21_DSi143.zip

To update your Acekard, you have to download the update file and run it on your SD card. Once it is finished, the Acekard icon should become a Dorasu icon (a red bow) on the 3DS menu. It does not matter how long it has been since you last updated your Acekard.

Also, the latest AKAIO is 1.8.7.

Edit: Just be sure that you have the red bow Dorasu icon before you update your 3DS to 2.1.0-4.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Err, can that file be run on a DS Lite too? Thats what i was planning to update it on
Yes. There are two versions of the update file. Use the one for the DS Lite. The DSi version works on the DS Lite, but just use the DS Lite version.

Edit:

For DS Phat and DS Lite: ak2ifw_update_3ds21_DSi143_onDSL.nds

For DSi and 3DS (with old firmware): ak2ifw_update_3ds21_DSi143.nds

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. Now just make sure you use AKAIO 1.8.7 for the best game compatibility.

Edit: Are you getting the Dorasu icon? If so, you should just be able to replace your AKAIO firmware with the latest 1.8.7.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would it be possible performing this update through the 3DS? And if so, what version (on DSL or DSi) would you use?

I'm still on Chessmaster and I'm worried that the new FW update (seeing dorasu is the latest) will block my AK2i.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shuji1987 said:
Would it be possible performing this update through the 3DS? And if so, what version (on DSL or DSi) would you use?

I'm still on Chessmaster and I'm worried that the new FW update (seeing dorasu is the latest) will block my AK2i.
Chessmaster icon works on all versions of the 3DS as of now, including today's update of 2.1.0-4. The Dorasu icon is for DSi 1.4.3. Since Chessmaster works on all versions of the 3DS, it is easy to update to the Dorasu version using a 3DS.

Edit: I am assuming the Chessmaster version is not blocked by 2.1.0-4. I have not tested it myself.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that fixed it XD.

Apparently the loader file in my root didnt get updated, replaced that and it started perfectly.

Thanks again for all the help, im such a newbie with all this hacking stuff. Now i gotta get back around to re-hacking my PSP2000 and GO

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lacius said:
Shuji1987 said:

Chessmaster icon works on all versions of the 3DS as of now, including today's update of 2.1.0-4. The Dorasu icon is for DSi 1.4.3. Since Chessmaster works on all versions of the 3DS, it is easy to update to the Dorasu version using a 3DS.

Edit: I am assuming the Chessmaster version is not blocked by 2.1.0-4. I have not tested it myself.
Lol, if only I read that before I updated.... haha just kidding. It works fine now. So yeah, it can be confirmed that Chessmaster AK2i works fine too on 2.1.0-4. I probably wouldn't have updated if your edit was in your first post.
tongue.gif

However I'm still wondering about my first question. If I need to update (with no other DS' around) can I perform this on my 3DS too? I heard something about the 3DS and DSi having a blacklist which can supposedly brick your flashcard. But when I can boot the card just fine this shouldn't be an issue right?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another strange issue? My 3DS doesnt seem to detect the card, yet it works fine on the DS Lite

Okay o_o, that was strange. I put my Acekard in, didnt detect, put a 3DS cart in, didnt detect. Put it into sleep mode and im guessing the console locked up. Restarted it, and everything is loading fine now

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shuji1987 said:
Lol, if only I read that before I updated.... haha just kidding. It works fine now. So yeah, it can be confirmed that Chessmaster AK2i works fine too on 2.1.0-4. I probably wouldn't have updated if your edit was in your first post.
tongue.gif
Sorry about that. The latest firmware (2.1.0-4) does not implement any new flashcart-blocking techniques not found in 2.1.0-3. However, there could have been some sort of fluke that I could not have anticipated.

Shuji1987 said:
However I'm still wondering about my first question. If I need to update (with no other DS' around) can I perform this on my 3DS too? I heard something about the 3DS and DSi having a blacklist which can supposedly brick your flashcard. But when I can boot the card just fine this shouldn't be an issue right?First of all, there is no evidence that a DSi or 3DS could brick your flashcart. The worst case scenario seems to be that Nintendo can just block one's flashcart from working on a particular device. That's all.

As for updating your Acekard with your 3DS, yes. As long as you have any kind of DS that your Acekard presently works on, it can be updated using that DS. For example, if you wanted to update your Acekard to work with DSi 1.4.3, you just run the above update file on your Acekard with your 3DS that is on 2.1.0-4. You will want to use the DSi version of the update file.

QUOTE(dgwillia @ Jul 25 2011, 09:43 PM)
Another strange issue? My 3DS doesnt seem to detect the card, yet it works fine on the DS Lite

Okay o_o, that was strange. I put my Acekard in, didnt detect, put a 3DS cart in, didnt detect. Put it into sleep mode and im guessing the console locked up. Restarted it, and everything is loading fine now
I am glad that you were able to fix your problem. Since your 3DS was having a problem detecting a retail 3DS cartridge, it likely had nothing to do with your Acekard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof