Hacking Quick Question - Need a DSi Card

calwy1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys,
A quick question... I need to grab a DSi compatable card for a friend, his DSi is on firmware 1.3E.
Which is going to be the best card to get, and where from for shipping to the UK?
A quick look shows R4i Gold from the .cn site might be the best bet, but it's been a while since I bought a flash card (and I only have a DS Lite), so I would appreciate the help!
Thanks,
Paul

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Clean Mode
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

The R4i Gold (that can run Wood) is new, we're still sort of getting a feel for it and seeing how it compares to the Acekard 2i (which is it's competitor in that price/features bracket).

calwy1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply...

Where is the best place to buy the R4i Gold from... Is digimartz.net reliable?

Anyone know what happend to Discoazul? They only seem to stock licensed stuff these days...

Thanks,
Paul

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Big companies don't like stores selling these carts so they tend to bully them into not stocking them after a while.

We're a bit hesistent to suggest the R4i Gold still because there's so many cards that call themselves that it's hard to tell you for sure you'll get the right one (that can run Wood), if you don't you're fucked, but this site I know ships them out, and it's THIS product.

http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.R4i_Gold...Si_DSi_XL-34731

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EvangelionEX said:
DSi in 1.3E ._. Is that possible?
The DSi came at 1.1 when it launched. The updates aren't mandatory unless you want to connect to the DSi Shop. The "E" means that it's a European DSi.
It's certainly possible.

EvangelionEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
YayMii said:
EvangelionEX said:
The DSi came at 1.1 when it launched. The updates aren't mandatory unless you want to connect to the DSi Shop. The "E" means that it's a European DSi.
It's certainly possible.

I didn't know that o.o I got my DSi at version 1.4U straight ._.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got my dsi on 1.3E, thankfully when i updated to download flipnote and the browser, 1.4.1 wasn't available yet
anw, i've got r4i gold from last year when it didn't have a very active support[1 update every 2nd or 3rd month]
but it worked well then and it works flawlessly now even w/o wood, i can't say a bad thing about it

EvangelionEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It really boils down to personal preferences. Take R4i Gold if you just want to play games and use some features and such but DSTWO, GBA emulator and SNES emulation are two new things and the nifty extra functions is really good. So taking DSTWO would be a better choice but it might cost a little.

Jackaltyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DSTWO is good apart from wifi updates and battery life, acekard (what i use) has bypass ap which makes it a good card and the wifi update is good aswell. Although I would wait and see what the Cyclo iEvolution can do after it is released.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
EvangelionEX said:
YayMii said:
EvangelionEX said:
It's certainly possible.

You didn't get yours at launch.

As time goes on they start putting later firmware into units from the factory, this is how electronics work.

For example when the PSP launched it came with firmware 1.0, but later on they started selling PSP's with 1.5, and so on and so forth. Now it's up to 6.31 and later.

EvangelionEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Rydian said:
EvangelionEX said:
YayMii said:
EvangelionEX said:
It's certainly possible.

You didn't get yours at launch.

As time goes on they start putting later firmware into units from the factory, this is how electronics work.

For example when the PSP launched it came with firmware 1.0, but later on they started selling PSP's with 1.5, and so on and so forth. Now it's up to 6.31 and later.

Yeah, I didn't get mine at launch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3