Hacking qwertyoruiopz release PS4 4.0X webkit userland exploit

akramff

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So now which bundle is useful for such purpose ?
Also so far which bundle is the oldest ?
I need a ps4 slim with the oldest bundle available .
Thanx

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All bundles come with exploitable firmware as of now, however I don't see how this is any better than the 3.55 exploit that went nowhere.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
All bundles come with exploitable firmware as of now, however I don't see how this is any better than the 3.55 exploit that went nowhere.

Same. After all these years only the Chinese managed to do anything and it's patched for good, I highly doubt there will be another chance at that.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Same. After all these years only the Chinese managed to do anything and it's patched for good, I highly doubt there will be another chance at that.

There's an exception, this time. Fail0verflow team did a presentation on last year's 33c3 running linux on 4.05. That means somewhere around the ps4 code in 4.05 (perhaps lower) exists a kernel level unsigned code execution problem obviously the Fail0verflow team exploited.

This entrypoint is very friendly to ROP. It may be possible to reuse this problem with this entrypoint (it also may not!). So if it ends in nothing, it would be a shame, because certainly there's some amount of potential there.

Madikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I guess that we'll be able to do the same things we could do with 1.76 but is the exploit consequent enough to do more ?

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Why are people getting excited for this? Without sounding self-entitled (I'm just telling the truth here) 1.76 firmware has had a publicly documented kernel vulnerability since late 2015 and there hasn't been any homebrew developed except a broken linux port in all that time.

We can only hope that the lack of interest and progress in the PS4 scene is due to the rarity of such low firmware units and the ridiculously inflated prices that accompany them.

And besides, this is only a userland exploit, which means they still have to find another exploit to hijack the kernel (and lets be realistic here, everybody wants the illegal stuff that kernel vulnerabilities offer) We've all used userland homebrew like DOOM thousands of times before on our other hacked consoles.

1.76 testkits and devkits are the only things benefiting from anything the PS4 scene has to offer at this time, so have fun paying $1000+ for a devkit whose activation will run out eventually and render it useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 5GB for one episode
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol I can watch it free
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it +2