Hacking [R4][Firmwares] * - Ask For Your R4i-SDHC Clone Firmware! - *

Dxnaut

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, anyone can help providing a firmware for this R4?

Attachments

• IMG_20210929_170237.jpg
    IMG_20210929_170237.jpg
    957.4 KB · Views: 99

Dxnaut

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you tried YSMenu at all yet? This cart should be able to run it via the R4i-SDHC YSMenu stuff.
Thanks for the head up, I've just tried the R4i-SDHC YSMenu, got it from

RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.06​

download page
unfortunaltely it does't work, I've tried the firmware from the internet archive r4i-sdhc.hk old website and a few more firmwares reading here and there on this site but when I boot up the cart I always got the error "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to Nintendo DSI Operations Manual for details."

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just realized this wasn't an r4i-sdhc.com cart. They all look similar I swear

Yeah YSMenu might not help the case here, but the issue is not related to YSmenu nor a kernel, actually. Your flashcart seems to be blocked by Nintendo. You need to get CFW on that DSi.

https://dsi.cfw.guide

EDIT: For the kernel, you actually need DSTTi-Clone YSMenu. You also have additional steps. What happened is that this particular manufacturer just took a bunch of other DSTT-based clones and just rebadged them all. Usually carts boot the one file on the SD card, but because they used random ones, there's like... 6. So you need to create a copy of the particular boot file and rename it to all of them.
1. Extract everything in DSTTi-Clone YSMenu to the SD
2. Make 4 copies of YSMenu.nds
3. Rename your now-5 copies of YSMenu.nds to the following:
- 3DSCARD.DAT
- config
- iLL.iL
- R4i.3DS
- R4i.TP

It should boot off one of them. You can even delete these one by one until you figure out which one it boots from, to save SD clutter.

Last edited by lifehackerhansol,

Dxnaut

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes this cart is r4i-sdhc.hk. Thank you for the infos, much appreciated! I'm new to DS gaming, I did not know about CFW, it's awesome, it defeat the purpouse to have a R4, you just put stuff on the SD, amazing.
I've tried installing the DSTTi-Clone YSMenu, got it from RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.06 download page, the problem is on the DSTTi-Clone YSMenu folder there isn't a YSMenu.nds file.
I tried renaming the YSMenu.nds files I found in other folders (R4-Clone YSMenu and R4i-SDHC YSMenu), I boot the cart with TWlight Men++ (colored Nintendo logo appears on startup, so it's running the cart) but I just got blank screens.
I was trying to get this cart running for my nephew that has a 3DS but seeing you can mod the 3DS with CFW as well I will just try that instead of use this fake R4 or buy another one.

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes this cart is r4i-sdhc.hk. Thank you for the infos, much appreciated! I'm new to DS gaming, I did not know about CFW, it's awesome, it defeat the purpouse to have a R4, you just put stuff on the SD, amazing.
I've tried installing the DSTTi-Clone YSMenu, got it from RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.06 download page, the problem is on the DSTTi-Clone YSMenu folder there isn't a YSMenu.nds file.
I tried renaming the YSMenu.nds files I found in other folders (R4-Clone YSMenu and R4i-SDHC YSMenu), I boot the cart with TWlight Men++ (colored Nintendo logo appears on startup, so it's running the cart) but I just got blank screens.
I was trying to get this cart running for my nephew that has a 3DS but seeing you can mod the 3DS with CFW as well I will just try that instead of use this fake R4 or buy another one.
Instead of YSMenu.nds, make a copy of TTMenu.dat instead. They are the same files at the end of the day.

Why not launch from the regular game card launcher instead of TWiLight? I can't see why it doesn't work.

Dxnaut

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Instead of YSMenu.nds, make a copy of TTMenu.dat instead. They are the same files at the end of the day.

Why not launch from the regular game card launcher instead of TWiLight? I can't see why it doesn't work.
I just tried to launch from the regular card launcher and tried to copy and rename TTMenu.dat. Still got blank screens. Oh and I have "Finding Nemo Escape to the Big Blue" on the card launcher when I put this R4. Maybe the R4 is broken, faulty, or as I read somewhere on the site it's bricked or something? I remember having read some of these fake carts are easy to brick, if I recall correctly. I've tried various firmwares, maybe it has to do to for it not working. It's a pity as it could still be usefull, I will keep it anyway, I don't want to trash it.
I will read and try CFW for the 3DS, on my DSi I managed to run NDS roms that don't run on my DS/DSL R4 old cart and some homebrew like PortalDS, stuff that I somehow was not able to run but was interested in it. And all emulators work fine apart from jENESIS, I even added the new NGPDS, pretty happy about it!

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, we all know that sometimes getting the correct firmware or the upgrade .nds file its a pain in the ass, ill be grabbing and looking for the files that you need to use your OLD R4 cards.

Note: Remembers that the firmware does not mean that your card will work on v11 without patching the whitelist on the 3ds or using the patches on some custom firmwares, as well as using the TW Slot Launcher from Apache Thunder.

Do You See Your OLD Card Here?

Screenshot_1.png

Then Download It! : https://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/...16-scarletdreamz-r4-firmwares-0-1-f33531.html

Remember that the clones that use the .hk domain are the ones with the label not linear, more like a splash year logo, as you can see on the white ones posted above.

I have tried the http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Ultimate_Flashcart_Download_Index however, some of the websites are down. and some other don't got the files from old cards that they used to make.

How Do I Request An R4 Firmwares?

If you need a firmware, feel free to ask!, if im not around, maybe someone can help you, and i can add it to the .zip file later on!.

Note: For requesting an r4 firmware, please post a picture of your card, and possible state the domain/vendor. as example:

"r4i-sdhc.com" or "r4isdhc.com" or "r4i-sdhc.hk"

Enjoy!.
So I have an R4i Gold 3DS RTS card here and I'm struggling to find firmwares for it.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So I have an R4i Gold 3DS RTS card here and I'm struggling to find firmwares for it.
I have the same card, but I think it works for all 3DS and DSi firmwares as much as I can remember... If there's a way to dump the firmware from the card, I'd gladly upload it for you, I just don't know how to dump it.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me discern as to whether or not these R4 Gold Pro Card SDHC flash carts are worth buying:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174909455534?var=474061771192
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384385588771
I have been out of the scene for a while being that the last flash cart I've purchased so far was the Acekard 2i, and don't want to waste time buying something that's a dud and get taken advantage of... Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could someone help me discern as to whether or not these R4 Gold Pro Card SDHC flash carts are worth buying:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174909455534?var=474061771192
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384385588771
I have been out of the scene for a while being that the last flash cart I've purchased so far was the Acekard 2i, and don't want to waste time buying something that's a dud and get taken advantage of... Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.
if you get a 2021 one. then its going to be useless as a ntrboot card. Still will work as a decent nds flash card.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it still true the r4i-sdhc.com 3ds rts still cannot use wood? i know RGF YS menu stilll works but some rom hacks are not compatable and the stock kernel w/ timebomb freezes randomly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz