R4 SDHC Can't open _dsmenu.dat

RSDJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 2022 R4 SDHC just came in, and I'm trying to get it run in order to use GodMode9i to back up some GBA saves. I've formatted the SD card, and downloaded the firmware files from the r4 site. However, it doesn't automatically start up, but the ds slot prompt shows a game called Deep Labyrinth, and selecting it only shows "Can't open _dsmenu.dat"

RSDJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 2022 R4 SDHC just came in, and I'm trying to get it run in order to use GodMode9i to back up some GBA saves. I've formatted the SD card, and downloaded the firmware files from the r4 site. However, it doesn't automatically start up, but the ds slot prompt shows a game called Deep Labyrinth, and selecting it only shows "Can't open _dsmenu.dat"
Just found out that I needed to use the Ace3DS files since I'm using a clone of it apparently. It works perfectly now.

Last edited by RSDJ,
Reactions: SylverReZ

hzloopie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just found out that I needed to use the Ace3DS files since I'm using a clone of it apparently. It works perfectly now.
Ive got the same problem with my r4 and it shows up cant open _dsmenu.dat how do i fix it?? i cant figure it out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: balls over