Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
It's incredible - my old Wood R4 really works again on my 3ds ... you did an amazing job!

Now the only first world problem is... I forgot the card only accepts 2gb sd cards :(

sunfished

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if an R4SDHC works with any of the methods?

Read through the first 20 or so pages and saw nothing on an answer or test, and thought it was better to ask rather than read through the remaining 80 :(

caprathebest

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mind if I ask if dstwo will ever work with this method, or I need to use the forwarder method on the tutorial sub-forum? :)
Asking for a friend btw

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing I can do about the server issue as I'm not the owner. I'm only granted access to my own space on the server.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon. FTP access on my end still works so I can still access the files and upload to it. I didn't even notice it.

totaledcds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way you can upload them to MEGA? I was using slot1 launcher for my R4 card and it was working perfectly. However, now the icon and banner isn't showing up for my R4 so I was wanting to give one of these a try.

EDIT: Nevermind, the links are back up.

Last edited by totaledcds,

totaledcds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Apache Thunder So I've tried all of them and none of them work for my card. Could you make something that would work with this R4 firmware? https://mega.nz/#fm/CMUXUIrR

The slot 1 launcher was working fine before, but now my R4 card won't even display the icon. The card may be dead, but I want to try every option before I cave and buy a new one.

Last edited by totaledcds,

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
That link takes me to my folder view for mega. It's not the right link to what you intended. Did you try running the rom from NTR mode HBmenu? If that fails to boot your card, then there's nothing more I can do for you.

By the way, my server appears to be up again. :D

kerio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you reckon that it would be possible to write some form of homebrew (maybe something that runs in DSi mode) to move files between the 3DS SD and the R4 microSD?

zetaPRIME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure the forwarders just write the ysmenu config on the flashcart, so NTR with SD access could certainly do that.

tuxdude143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Trying to get my card going with this and nothing I have tried works. I have tried the things in the OP, the modded nitrohax (which got the furthest) but I can't get the card to boot. The card itself is a clone R4 SDHC Revolution which seems to be using a fork of the R4 firmware (the loading screens are the same and all that). The closest I have gotten is with the modded nitrohax booter which showed the loading screen but a few seconds later goes to a screen of garbled rubbish. Any ideas?

Edit: WAIT NEVERMIND!!! Literally 10 seconds after I posted that I actually got the card booting haha.

Ok so I've found out that if you load NTR_Launcher_Alt.nds through nds-hb-menu a lot of cards that may lock up when using the forwarder application may actually start correctly!

Last edited by tuxdude143,

kristiansja

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello there Apache Thunder i am having problems with the r4 or any custome dsiware for that matter. I a on 9.2 a9lh luma 6.1.1 with the sysmodules patch and cant seem to get the r4 to work it just gives me the power off error. Normal apps like download play and dsiware i have downloaded from freeshop works. Anny help would be apreciated. I am thinking it might be a broken twl_firm, but im prittey sure its not

kerio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pretty sure the forwarders just write the ysmenu config on the flashcart, so NTR with SD access could certainly do that.

What I'm looking for is some homebrew DSiware file manager that can use DLDI to read the flash card storage and can also access the DSi (3DS) storage then? Is there something like that already? Could it be done as a 3DS homebrew instead?

serggiooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hey i am here men i have one r4 infinity all be goon i install your archive cia in my new 3ds all be fine but when i wanna Run one game the screen look white And dont star the r4 menú helpme Plis in Twitter check the videos

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    913.3 KB · Views: 242

kristiansja

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What kind of flashcart is it?
it was the original R4, but i just tried to reinstall the TWL_firm from the luma3ds wiki and fixed it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hey i am here men i have one r4 infinity all be goon i install your archive cia in my new 3ds all be fine but when i wanna Run one game the screen look white And dont star the r4 menú helpme Plis in Twitter check the videos
its not officially supported as its a clone-card

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States

That card is a 3DS compatible card. Latest Luma should be able to run that direct from home menu. if not, you either don't have the right firmware on it, the MicroSD card you are using is bad, or it's bricked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I tried making chocolate lava cakes the other day in cupcake pan, what a mess, my lava exploded...