Not open for further replies.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
So basically Nintendo managed to properly detect the cart? Or?
I wonder what this affects though. If the chip can no longer communicate (that's likely what they mean by signal line), that would no doubt affect some sort of aspect of functionality wouldn't it? Otherwise why is the chip there in the first place if it's not needed?

you cannot apply the 6.0.0-X update if the line has been cut

I'd assume the 3DS was able to use that line to detect or flash the card

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
grrr still not working on Metroid C cards......why do they have to waste our bloomin time trying every time instead of just stating if it will or won't work - the posting even suggests it would work on any of the revisions

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
grrr still not working on Metroid C cards......why do they have to waste our bloomin time trying every time instead of just stating if it will or won't work - the posting even suggests it would work on any of the revisions

majority of the good retailers exchanged the metroid cards for there customers, I assume you didn't exchange yours

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm glad that my 3DS can't connect out.

Although I won't lie, I can't remember when I put my DSTwo in it last time, been having fun trying to complete NSMB2

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Unless, like me, you care about homebrew more than warez.
Speaking of which, try HBMenu. YWG suggested using that launcher when I found some DS demos on pouet.net that wouldn't launch properly.

wayyy too much DSTwo love around here. I've hated em ever since they sent out a shoddy batch to resellers (and the reseller refused to swap). Been too long since then to return it anyway. Suffice to say I've never seen another flashcart with such bad quality control as the DSTwo (especially for their price range).
That was one batch, and all the trusted sellers we've seen sent out replacements. If you didn't get a replacement that's the shop you bought from at fault. They sold you defective merchandise, they should replace it.

why don't you just Not Update?

there's nothing interesting on DSiware anyway.

3DS for retail + DS Lite for homebrew = perfection
This. I've really been considering making a sticky telling people to not get a 3DS to play DS ROMs on, since it offers nothing (as far as DS games go) while being more limiting. If they just want DS ROMs they should get a DS, far less hassle.

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really think that the cards we cut manually won't work with future updates. If that's the case the site I work for would replace our customer's cards for working cards like we always do. :)

I was told once new orders are placed the cards would come supporting 6.0 directly so no cutting necessary.
And as for what is the cutting for... I think that's how the 3ds is detecting the card since once that is cut off you don't get the error any more and you are able to bypass it

Lol at the 7.0 comment "to update your card for 7.0 connect c1 with r9 on the pbc"

Dies laughing XD I wouldn't be surprised if this happens haha

TheNintendoEnthusiast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, this seems like the end of the line for this model of the flashcart, that line is needed for the update, so that means after you remove it, you won't be able to update again, that's quite horrible.

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has NOBODY learned anything from the Pandora battery trick for the psp 2000's? If you cut the connection you break it which (on the psp's) caused it to boot but only into what they called "service mode" then if you wanted to use the psp again properly you had to buy a new battery, OR if you were smart all you did was use a #2 pencil and fill back in the cut on the board with the graphite in the pencil and it was a NORMAL battery again where if the need arises you could just "Erase" the fill in and re do it. Now if they do find a way to fix this block by nintendo all you would have to do is apply the same tactics here and "Fill" in the cut.

Again could be wrong but going back to the oldest trick in the book thanks to my old psp modding days.

Reactions: Skye07

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Email from the team

Capture.jpg

crompy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4i Gold and I did everything exactly as the instructions said to and the r4i gold boots up like normal but when I select any game it just hangs on the "Loading" message.
Anyone else having this problem? I have have done hundreds of trace cuts before and I tried this on 2 different r4i gold cards and get the same problem.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I have an R4i Gold and I did everything exactly as the instructions said to and the r4i gold boots up like normal but when I select any game it just hangs on the "Loading" message.
Anyone else having this problem? I have have done hundreds of trace cuts before and I tried this on 2 different r4i gold cards and get the same problem.

that's normally an Issue with the MicroSD
or it may be a Bug with the Wood 1.60, switch back to 1.58 Wood and see if the issue is still present
I believe YWG changed some major file stuffs in 1.59 so switching back to 1.58 might keep everything working for now

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an old original "6" version card. Will this patch work? All I'm getting using both update files are card check fail.

It was the rafa nadal tennis version. I just updated it to the "dorasu" DSi / XL only card update.

But trying the new patch again. Nothing works. Assuming the card will never be updated.

Kippykip

j e f f
OP
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh damn, Dropbox temporary disabled my public folder because of too much traffic, I guess I'll host the pictures elsewhere
EDIT: Changed the pictures URL should be good now (Except the thumbnail of this thread)

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anyone have feedback on the rev.8?
Because I tried the ndsi_3ds.nds (I know, its not the actual file name but you got the idea) and it keeps telling me card check fail.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most likely means your card is no longer supported :C

Well...
The new patch for 3DS V4.5.0-10 & DSi V1.45 is releasing!(2013-01-06)
33.gif

This patch is only for the revision (C, A, 9) 3DS cards, we are still working on those old revision cards(and few revision "c"), will keep it updated on our site soon, thanks for your patience...Download Now

That would be dumb >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P