Hacking R4ids.cn - New patch for 3DS V4.5.0-10 & DSi V1.45 Coming Soon!

AACThaKid

Dark Wolf is watching
OP
Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
United States
i was looking to see if anything new has came along since i have not got a email back from them(yet again) and found this

logo.gif
The new patch for 3DS V4.5.0-10 & DSi V1.45 is releasing!
This patch is only for the revision (C, A, 9) 3DS cards, we are still working on those old revision cards(and few revision "c"), will keep it updated on our site soon, thanks for your patience...

SOURCE: R4ids.cn

slmpika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks to me like the patch adds support for revisions 9 and A. The C revisions that had problems before (i.e. metroid icon) still cannot apply the patch.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the price of a single new DS game (you cheapos), and it's better than buying multiple flash carts once the older ones stop getting updates.

Agreed. I bought my r4i 3DS Gold assuming it would last at least a few years and it might already be obsolete. At least nds-card is sending me a new one confirmed to work with the latest 3DS firmware. Should've just got a DSTWO from the start.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
And when the DSTwo is blocked indefinitely?
But it hasn't, while a couple of the R4i gold models already have been. I'm the guy that reviewed the R4i Gold, I was one of the first people here to use one... and all four of my R4i Gold carts already stopped getting updates.

Compare this to the DStwo, which came first and has never been rendered useless by new updates.

Let me put it another way. Would you date the chick who's never cheated in her life, or date the chick that's cheated three times already? It's simple pattern recognition.

Exactly, therefore the 'selling point' of the DSTwo being more resiliant than other flashcarts doesnt mean much
The DSTwo can even update once the 3DS has been updated, the R4i Gold cannot.

most of the flashcarts have been stamped on by nintendo's FW updates and the DSTwo is next on the list
The DStwo came out first, and it's been blocked by the same updates, and has updated past all of them without any hardware revisions. The R4i Gold has had to release multiple hardware revisions, and the older ones cannot be updated anymore.

The difference is clear.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Even though it has made it through Nintendo's previous updates, coudnt Nintendo eventually find another way to detect it that would invalidate its extra hardware?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Even though it has made it through Nintendo's previous updates, coudnt Nintendo eventually find another way to detect it that would invalidate its extra hardware?
Not as we've seen. Unlike carts using cheaper designs (Ak2i, older R4i Gold, etc) the DSTwo isn't limited to having the header/game data put on the cart itself, it can read the extra data from the MicroSD.

The reason older carts get screwed on updates is because they didn't include enough space to store the extra data.

Reactions: Rizsparky

AACThaKid

Dark Wolf is watching
OP
Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
United States
thank you and i have been reading your post, you make a lot of good points

i got a R4i 3DS gold from r4ids.cn cuz i was told over and over again that it was great(back in Sep. 2012) now that this is going on i understand why ppl are changing over.... i had and still have the money to buy another card/cart and get the DSTwo if i wanted....... i got what i knew, i asked many many many thing before i got R4i trying to find out want was the best to get cuz i was new to everything

now i don't know if im gonna buy a new R4i, DSTwo or just wait lol

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All my R4i Gold models are 6/7
Ditto. I've been waiting a while for an update which will work with version 6 cards...

As for the DSTwo I've never been interested. I love the wood firmware and minimal hardware over DSTwo powered homebrew... But the r4ids.cn team need to get all r4igold cards updated and sort this out.. nobody is going to recommend them over a DSTwo in future otherwise.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, no flashcards can guarantee that this card can never be blocked by nintendo.
Many people are talking about dstwo released by supercard team.
In fact, supercard team has also released several hw versions, including dsonei and dsonei mini.
You can also have a look at dsonei and dsonei mini.
Therefore, you just are running risk of being blocked by nintendo on condition that you are using flashcards.
All you should do is just to enjoy yourself now.
There is no need to think of too much of what will happen in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol