Homebrew Suggestion RainwayOS?

lumo93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an idea, something akin to chrome OS but optimized for Switch/JoyCons to use Rainway. I guess we would need a consistent way to access switch hardware first for other custom OS. I don't really know what I'm talking about but maybe it makes sense. Let's discuss.

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just an idea, something akin to chrome OS but optimized for Switch/JoyCons to use Rainway. I guess we would need a consistent way to access switch hardware first for other custom OS. I don't really know what I'm talking about but maybe it makes sense. Let's discuss.

I can't see why you would make an entire custom OS for this

lumo93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If I had the skill I probably would. I'm honestly just one of the people still caught up on an official app for switch. Really the idea of just being able to enjoy my PC games anywhere in my house if not anywhere with a decent internet connection

lumo93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If I had the skill I probably would. I'm honestly just one of the people still caught up on an official app for switch. Really the idea of just being able to enjoy my PC games anywhere in my house if not anywhere with a decent internet connection

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I mean, a homebrew app makes much more sense than an entire OS.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
They hyped it much too early.

Rainway for Switch is effectively dead in the water at this point, since Nintendo has made it clear they are not in any hurry to greenlight third-party apps on the eShop. I'm sure Netflix, Google and Amazon are ahead of them in the queue but even they are being given the runaround for their own apps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1