Hardware Random Nintendo Switch Question

What happens when you dock a Samsung Galaxy S8 in the Nintendo Switch dock?

• Absolutely nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galaxy S8 outputs to TV

• Galaxy S8 works with USB devices attached to the dock

• Total voters

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a random question involving the Nintendo Switch and another thing that came out at around the same time. I currently don't own either of these devices, but I noticed that the Nintendo Switch and Galaxy S8 both use USB type C. So, I was wondering what happens if you put the Galaxy S8 in the Nintendo Switch dock? I have been searching all over the internet for this and haven't found anything. I think the S8 will at least charge, but I would be surprised if it actually works. I'm not sure if it will fit though, but if it doesn't then a USB type C extender can be used.

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll let you know if you can remind me next week, I've got an S8 arriving then.
Don't try it. It breaks the dock. Someone tried this on the switch Reddit months back and it caused the dock to stop working and when the switch docked, the green dock led would flash.

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't try it. It breaks the dock. Someone tried this on the switch Reddit months back and it caused the dock to stop working and when the switch docked, the green dock led would flash.
Well, it doesn't break the dock, but makes it malfunction until you unplug/replug the power adapter(If I recall correctly).

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo