Hardware Random PSP Shutdown

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I need some help. My PSP 1000 randomly shuts down during gameplay. The first time it happened, I was about an hour and a half into Innocent Sin and it just shut down - no lights, no screen, nothing. At first I thought it was the battery, so I plugged it in and started playing again. Then, after a scripted battle, it shut down again - even though it was charging, the lights turned off as well. I tried taking out the battery and playing just on AC power, and it shut down around the same point. (Albeit, a little before the second time.) What's going on?

I'm running Prome-2 on a PSP-1000. I don't know if it happens in other games - I'll boot up Persona 1 and see if it does it. Does anyone know why this is happening?

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your battery is screwed somehow. Overheating could cause this. Don't do this too often, it might ruin your PSP completely, but I'm not sure...

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can't be the battery if it's happening when the battery's not in the PSP :/

Edit

Well I did some tests, and it seems a bit more problematic than the game.

-The PSP will charge the batteries I put in (the orange light comes on) - however, once I take the PSP off of the AC adapter, the PSP will shut down, regardless of the battery's charge. My pandora battery isn't recognized either. Even though the batteries are fully charged, without the AC adapter, the PSP won't even turn on.
-Once the PSP is on, regardless of the game I play, it will shut down after about 4-5 minutes, even if it's on the AC adapter. I tried with both Innocent Sin and Warrior's Orochi 2.

Even with the A/C charger plugged in, the PSP shuts off after about 5 minutes. I've tried with multiple batteries already, and they all yield the same result - the PSP isn't detecting them, and it's shutting off even with the charger plugged in -something that has nothing to do with the battery. My PSP just isn't detecting the battery, it seems, and it's shutting off with the adapter in. I've updated to Prome-4, but that didn't do anything either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1