XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
Mrkinator said:
ShadowChaos said:
Mrkinator said:
just get the ISO off of tbp.
does it take a long time to DL, i am planning on making a GH3 hack in the future, when i get good charters
Depends on what torrent you get, mine is going quite fast (Dumping would be faster, but my wifi = fail
frown.gif
)

Any mods out there wanna change the Title of this thread for me? Please?
OMG!!11! Don't you know how unsecure torrents are!!1! Nintendo's going to come after you, etc., etc. /sarcasm

I thought someone said you had morals? What exactly are they regarding downloading illegal content? While you may be allowed by law to own a backup copy, aren't you required to produce said copy yourself? Better check before you tarnish that awesome rep you have...LOL.

Well, he said to download it off of tpb as an alternative to dumping the disc itself. It's not morally wrong to download something you've paid for, since you're paying for the content (or should be...) and not the disc, no?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roy911 said:
Skizzo said:
Mrkinator said:
ShadowChaos said:
Mrkinator said:
just get the ISO off of tbp.
does it take a long time to DL, i am planning on making a GH3 hack in the future, when i get good charters
Depends on what torrent you get, mine is going quite fast (Dumping would be faster, but my wifi = fail
frown.gif
)

OMG!!11! Don't you know how unsecure torrents are!!1! Nintendo's going to come after you, etc., etc. /sarcasm

I thought someone said you had morals? What exactly are they regarding downloading illegal content? While you may be allowed by law to own a backup copy, aren't you required to produce said copy yourself? Better check before you tarnish that awesome rep you have...LOL.

Well, he said to download it off of tpb as an alternative to dumping the disc itself. It's not morally wrong to download something you've paid for, since you're paying for the content (or should be...) and not the disc, no?

To be correct, when you buy a Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, etc. game, you are buying a license to use the game on its intended platform. You only own the disc, not the content on the disc. I know it is confusing, but that's the way it is.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
gamersclub said:
Yes! I'm assuming it installs as DLC right? And will the source be released because I wouldn't mind modifying it so it works with GHWT (because it has a bunch of songs I like that can't be imported.) I have a bunch of guitar hero aerosmith customs which I currently have 1/7 isos on my computer so I can try that for you. I also am giving a friend a copy so I can try online out for you.
(Once it's released of course).
does it work with games like tony hawks downhill jam (which has a good setlist of songs that you can choose from when you play)? I'm assuming the answer is no but it would be awesome if it works
smile.gif

Uh, no you can't randomly take songs from a Tony Hawk game and have our program magically make a note chart for it.
And GHWT is way different than RB2's note charts. Find out the new QB types and checksums for GHWT's QB format and then we'll talk.

Skizzo said:
Mrkinator said:
ShadowChaos said:
QUOTE(Mrkinator @ Jun 20 2009, 07:23 PM) just get the ISO off of tbp.
frown.gif
)

There's a big difference between morals and laws. I believe we already established that during the whole marcan fiasco.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, forgive me if this has been answered before, but I'm slightly noobish in this area and I have a few questions. As per my understanding, I should be able to take my isos from GH3/GH:A/RB1 and this app will be able to read them, extract the songs, and then give me the option to save the songs in a format that RB2 can read which I would load onto my SD card, right?

Speaking of SD cards can this game read SD cards where a partition is larger than 2gb?

One last question, I think I understand how to import songs from other games but how do I import songs not from other games, because I have this particular album I'd love to be able to play in RB2 (or GHWT for that matter, :-) ) and it's not available in any game, period?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DaFees said:
Ok, forgive me if this has been answered before, but I'm slightly noobish in this area and I have a few questions. As per my understanding, I should be able to take my isos from GH3/GH:A/RB1 and this app will be able to read them, extract the songs, and then give me the option to save the songs in a format that RB2 can read which I would load onto my SD card, right?
Yep
DaFees said:
Speaking of SD cards can this game read SD cards where a partition is larger than 2gb?
Nope
QUOTE(DaFees @ Jun 24 2009, 01:17 PM)
One last question, I think I understand how to import songs from other games but how do I import songs not from other games, because I have this particular album I'd love to be able to play in RB2 (or GHWT for that matter, :-) ) and it's not available in any game, period?

You have to make the custom yourself. Look at the first post, I put a link there for making your own custom songs
biggrin.gif

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator, thanks for your responses, but from looking at the work involved to make your own customs, I think I'll wait until someone makes the album I want.

One other question for you though; Will customs made for FOF work with this in any way?

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
If what I've read is true, you can use 4GB SD cards, as long as they are not SDHC. But for some people, they have to start RB2 with a smaller card, then switch the cards once the game starts. I think that may only be the case for people with 4.0, but I'm not sure.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honeypa said:
will RawkSD ever have a feature that allows compatibility for the SDHC

Unfortunately, no.

The game is limited to non-sdhc cards.

Since the idea of Rawk SD is to not have to use a modified RB2 disc, this most likely will never happen.

There are a few barriers that prevent the use of SDHC cards:

The main.dol of the game
The SD driver the game uses
The IOS that the game uses.

For now you can store many songs on a single 2gb card.

The barrier could be broken, but it will take time if someone took on the task.

Just be happy that we will be able to make custom DLC to begin with.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Robotic Earthling said:
If what I've read is true, you can use 4GB SD cards, as long as they are not SDHC. But for some people, they have to start RB2 with a smaller card, then switch the cards once the game starts. I think that may only be the case for people with 4.0, but I'm not sure.
Is this the case for GHWT DLC as well? I don't have DLC from RB2 to test this out on.

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
Guys for SDHC use padding. Put random stuff on until it's 4 gigs or under of size left. Than gradually take it off as you install songs. Confirmed working for Brawl and GHWT so it should work. Can one of the testers try this please?

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
There's a big difference between morals and laws. I believe we already established that during the whole marcan fiasco.
Wasn't there for the 'marcan fiasco'...had better things to do with my life.
smile.gif

Anyways, it was mostly just a joke...but it's still fun to put little dents in someone's facade every once in a while.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamemaster1379 said:
Doesn't work for my 500 GB flash drive either. Though there is another dumping tool somewhere around there. I think it's called something like SDHC dumping tool v1.5 or something. That apparently supports USB drives now, so it may work.
I thought the 500GB flash drives were fake? What'd you pay for it and from where?

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roy911 said:
Morals are individual choices, not something written in stone for everyone to follow. Some people might think it is morally wrong to break any law, including downloading illegal content, whether they own it or not, and would feel compelled to do it the legal way by dumping it themselves. Some others might think there is nothing morally wrong with breaking the law to obtain a backup, as long as they own it. And then some others might think there is nothing morally wrong with downloading something if they can't afford to buy it and would never have paid for it anyways. And still some others have no problems stealing anything, digital or real, whether they can afford to buy it or not. I'm sure I left a few out, but you get the point, no?
wink.gif

Of course, you've always got your nimrods and their fans who would suggest downloading something off the internet is the equivalent of stealing someone's car. They tend to be the illogical, holier-than-thou sort though...
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Leeches can't afford a $60 handheld:angry: