• Views 1,080,355
  • Replies 3,248
  • Likes 128

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the kerel patch for fs.mitm (which is the true name of it).
And yes it should be.
Just a heads up, my understanding is that fs.mitm is not compatible with anything under 4.x, even though there are kernel patches applied for it. Something about differences between earlier and later firmware versions that aren't handled in the fs.mitm module itself.
Wish I had a source, but I read about it a while back, not exactly sure where.

km1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
switch firmware 2.3.0

rawnand.bin

v3.0 --------> Failed to read 8192 blocks <@LBA XXXXXXX from sd card! Verification failed.. (time taken 71 minutes)

v3.1 --------> Finished and verified! (time taken 112 minutes)

thank you CTCaer!

Reactions: lordelan

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
switch firmware 2.3.0

rawnand.bin

v3.0 --------> Failed to read 8192 blocks <@LBA XXXXXXX from sd card! Verification failed.. (time taken 71 minutes)

v3.1 --------> Finished and verified! (time taken 112 minutes)

thank you CTCaer!
Almost 2 hours? Oh my god. Did you have it plugged in.

Bakugo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamid.ml
XP
Country
United States
Is the verification process on 3.1 supposed to take so long? It took less than an hour to make the actual backup but over 2 hours to verify it.

Vroksjab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
  • Fix the verification code at last!
    Another side-effect of using a 32bit ms timer (from the μs original one). Plus the additional fixes to variables that could not fit in u32 storage, makes the fix completely. Thanks to all the testers that helped to tackle these dreaded bugs.
    Better redo that backup!

@CTCaer - I managed to backup my NAND without hickups or errors using 3.0 and the checksums for the files are identical. Is there something in v3.1 that has changed dumpwise or can I trust that the backups I have are properly dumped and that only the verification code is fixed (which of I had no problem with and seeing the dumps are identical)?

...or could the dumps simply not match the NAND as the verification was wonky?

Last edited by Vroksjab,

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@CTCaer just reacting to the Hekate desc. She is an underworld goddess, ruler of the ghosts, magic, necromancy etc. Governor of the Tartarus/Hell. So she is everything just not a protective and a blessing goddess i think based on this.

Anyway i know not you the one who made up this name.

Reactions: Azel

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just a heads up, my understanding is that fs.mitm is not compatible with anything under 4.x, even though there are kernel patches applied for it. Something about differences between earlier and later firmware versions that aren't handled in the fs.mitm module itself.
Wish I had a source, but I read about it a while back, not exactly sure where.
Well, if the problem is fs.kip, maybe using fs 5.x on a <4.X can make it work.
I don't know how compatible are the internal APIs but it could worth a try.

Is the verification process on 3.1 supposed to take so long? It took less than an hour to make the actual backup but over 2 hours to verify it.
Yeah. Only the hash process takes 45minutes. Also the maximum rate that eMMC and SD can have is low because the RAM is not initialized and BPMP is crap.
If I remember the hard cap is around 25MB/s or so.
EDIT:
If you disable verification and try to make a backup you'll understand that it takes more than the actual dumping.

@CTCaer - I managed to backup my NAND without hickups or errors using 3.0 and the checksums for the files are identical. Is there something in v3.1 that has changed dumpwise or can I trust that the backups I have are properly dumped and that only the verification code is fixed (which of I had no problem with and seeing the dumps are identical)?

...or could the dumps simply not match the NAND as the verification was wonky?
Not everyone was unlucky to reach that bug. And single file backup was working in v3.0 but it could fail because of the timing thing.

@CTCaer just reacting to the Hekate desc. She is an underworld goddess, ruler of the ghosts, magic, necromancy etc. Governor of the Tartarus/Hell. So she is everything just not a protective and a blessing goddess i think based on this.

Anyway i know not you the one who made up this name.
I think you read a description for another goddess, or you haven't read the whole article.
(Yeah she was sometimes associated with some of these but mostly on the christian days. But in ancient and christian days, she was always and mostly considered as a great goddess and a protector)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hecate

Last edited by CTCaer,
Reactions: Vroksjab

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Looking forward to this :D

what do you mean by better utilization of security engine ? ^^
If it's like other security engines, I can probably use it as memcpy to save some hundreds of milliseconds here and there.
And also I want to fix the verification of pkg2. It may be needed in the future.

Reactions: Azel

CapitanSburro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works like a charm cheers mate

4kWgLg.jpg

Last edited by CapitanSburro,
Reactions: km1 and Azel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum