Hacking [RCM Payload] Hekate mod - exFAT support and USER dump

rajkosto

Trophies
XP
Country
Just finished the USER dump and it seems OK.
There is a small issue with the progress bar, I think this relates to a 32 bit over flow in the percentage calculation, so I'll look into a fix for that.
The net effect is that the progress bar wraps to zero and then continues, this does not seem to cause any issue with the dump, though I'll have to verify that @rajkosto tools.
-(e)

You probably want to do this: https://github.com/rajkosto/hekate/commit/708bbd8c52a92956248e4229b27b60d1cbad8933

Ohex4455

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got the same issue as with rajkosto's version: unable to mount sd card (although I've got issues with FAT32 there).

I've got a Samsung Evo+ 128gb and just reset it to default settings, using the official SD Card Formatter from the SD Association, to having one exFAT partition with 16mb offset. I think it might be the card's issue though.

Last edited by Ohex4455,

sweetlilmre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Perhaps I am misunderstanding something, but I am unable to use the resulting files with HacDiskMount. Am I confused or am I just doing something wrong?

rajkosto

Trophies
XP
Country
yes u64 * u32 should result in the 2nd operand upconverting to u64, same for u64 / u32, i just wanted to be thorough just in case
the read retry is mor
Thanks, I see you ran into the same issue :). This seems to suffice to force the first value into 64 bits, then down convert happens at assignment:
Code:
u32 pct = (((u64)(lba_curr - part->lba_start)) * 100) / (part->lba_end - part->lba_start);

Would you agree?
-(e)

yes u64 * u32 should result in the 2nd operand upconverting to u64, same for u64 / u32, i just wanted to be thorough just in case
the read retry is maybe more important of a feature to add, because some people consistently have spurious read errors on their eMMC (that clear up after the sleep the 2nd time)

sweetlilmre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the read retry is mor

the read retry is maybe more important of a feature to add, because some people consistently have spurious read errors on their eMMC (that clear up after the sleep the 2nd time)

You've done some great work there and with your other tools :)
-(e)

Reactions: Ohex4455

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You need to use this https://pastebin.com/vdCqxrci, to merge the dump to a RAWNAND Backup
When I try to run that in Ubuntu it tells me that the command is not found, even though I am 100% sure I am in the right directory and I have the files from the hekate2rawnand.zip file

EDIT: I had to run it through DOS2Unix

Last edited by OkazakiTheOtaku,

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yay making one massive file now

Attachments

• 1CC288FA-CBBA-489E-95AA-2E9B0E892C1A.jpeg
    1CC288FA-CBBA-489E-95AA-2E9B0E892C1A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 480
Reactions: WiiuGold

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this not support a 128GB card? I tried one formatted multiple ways and it always just says it can't mount the SD card. The system sees it fine and the second way I formatted it was via the Switch itself, but it always just says it can't mount the card. When I put in a 32 or 64 that I have both worked, but this is a bit problematic since it's the 128 with the free space.

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this not support a 128GB card? I tried one formatted multiple ways and it always just says it can't mount the SD card. The system sees it fine and the second way I formatted it was via the Switch itself, but it always just says it can't mount the card. When I put in a 32 or 64 that I have both worked, but this is a bit problematic since it's the 128 with the free space.

I have a 128GB SD card formatted to exFAT; however, I am only using 60GB for exFAT and the rest for EXT4 for Linux and research. No problems here.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extr...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JKGJQWJDXRJJN68DTTQY

Last edited by Shadow LAG,

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it only supports up to ~64GB? Or could it somehow be something about the card? The Switch and my computers are all fine with it though and it has been used thoroughly.

Oh well. I'm moving all the data off of the 64GB card. Just you know what a pain it is with Nintendo's files when you already have around 50GB of games installed. It's not worth fighting with this thing though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball