Hacking REAL or not?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The one shown in pictures is real, but whether the one shown is one you'll receive is a different matter.

I've just ordered 10 of those and I'll be able to tell you for sure whether or not they are fakes in the next couple of days.

falcozx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered 4 and so far one came. Luckily it was a real one. Now I just have to wait for the other three to come to see if they're fake or not. Whether you get a real one or not it's just a 50/50 chance.

dsoutware

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i got one of those and it's fake. It came in a box like the pix, it's not working at all, when boot it shows white screen and sometimes it won't boot at all.

curiousmike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsoutware said:
i got one of those and it's fake. It came in a box like the pix, it's not working at all, when boot it shows white screen and sometimes it won't boot at all.

Did you put the OS on the memory card?

The TT's ( and Acekards for that matter ) need you to put their OS on your memory cards, or they won't boot.

dsoutware

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol. yes, the os was 1.6 latest firmware from nddst site. sometimes it boot but only gets as far as the white screen. Other times won't boot at all.

Sanf1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I ordered and received this DSTT in a box with the usb cardreader. LINK
This one has shipped 14/11 2008 and is also fake,he died with the firmware from the official site.
DX report: Genuine NDSTT.com (DSTT official site) product guaranteed: all shipments made after 9/5/2008 are hand checked to ensure they are genuine products as posted on the official DSTT website.

See my pictures:

Front Back

Check the official site: LINK

This is the third FAKE DSTT that i received from DX
evil.gif

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I purchased one a week ago, and it arrived 2 days ago (Fast!), i'm not really sure how to check it's legitimacy but it looks like the real deal, and works like a charm. I used firmware 1.5 just in case.

When comparing it to the pictures on http://www.ndstt.com/en/ mine is definatly the top one, it's got a smooth white background with a MicroSD Mold on the back, can anyone confirm it's authenticity based on such indicators?

By looking closer i did notice some differences afterall, the hooked and round side on the bottom are switched on my card, and the mold is not visible on theirs.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is's 100% fake, I've just recived the 10 that I ordered and all of them are fakes.

My advice is never to buy the DSTT from Dealextreme.

pontyslapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just had my consignment of 5 from DX.

One had a sticker that was 'dodgily' placed so thats the one I cracked open - literally.

FAKE! - Very very p'eed off.
hate2.gif

These were ordered as Christmas presents for nieces and nephews based on the fact that they all want to play music/look at pictures etc but my family 'won't' pay out for ipods as the kids are young - oldest is 12 - and are very 'heavy' on stuff like ipods and break them within minutes.

I'm now going to test my working and genuine TF card in all 5 and see what the result will be.

I for one have dealt with DX for the first and LAST time!

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have also received a fake one but games are working fine (tested NSMB and Kirby - Canvas Curse)with 1.15.
but on other games it gets stuck as if the card was pulled out.
should i be worried ?

I ordered a R4 from DX a year ago and its working perfectly till today.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pontyslapper said:
Just had my consignment of 5 from DX.

One had a sticker that was 'dodgily' placed so thats the one I cracked open - literally.

FAKE! - Very very p'eed off.
hate2.gif

These were ordered as Christmas presents for nieces and nephews based on the fact that they all want to play music/look at pictures etc but my family 'won't' pay out for ipods as the kids are young - oldest is 12 - and are very 'heavy' on stuff like ipods and break them within minutes.

I'm now going to test my working and genuine TF card in all 5 and see what the result will be.

I for one have dealt with DX for the first and LAST time!

Im never going to deal with Dealextreme again either.

My advice DO NOT BUY THE DSTT not just only from dealextreme but from anywhere, because you can't be guaranteed that you'll receive a real one anymore , and with DSTT threatening to release their fake killer, its just isn't worth taking the risk.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All of you who received fakes from dealextreme, others have reported that they will exchange them for real ones and that they will pay the return shipping.

-Bri

pontyslapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That said... I tried each and every one with my own TF card and they all booted and ran several games.

I think there may be a lot of dubiousness going on between a few factories that knock the DSTT's out.

The one major problem I have is that the 'official' site does not list its official suppliers - I'm thinking that some of the so called fakes may be OK, such as mine.

After all - even if they only last a few months - a few quid is bugger all in the grand scheme of things - I've got a few 'old' ones knocking about if they go bad so the kids won't be out of tunes and pics for long!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, the fakes are actually clones and are not endorsed by the makers of the real DSTT (www.ndstt.com). Only one other company is/was licensed to sell the DSTT under the name TTDS, and that was Team Neo which is no longer supporting it (but it is identical to the original DSTT and will work exactly the same).

Other fakes will be prone to the "fake-killer" firmware should it ever be released (some are claiming that the code exists in the 1.16 firmware or existed in an earlier version of the 1.16 firmware.

Personally, if I got a fake from dealextreme, I'd return it for a real one.

-Bri

RobDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got some from Deal extreme last week and they came in the clear packets,i got three this week which came in card boxes and one of them doesn't work. Looked on DSTT website and although not identical looks more like the fake ones,i had to smash it to get it open as well so that make me think it is fake as they don't want you to get inside it.

pontyslapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well,

I contacted DX regarding my cards and suggested a solution - I'd noticed on their forums some people had been offered a store credit of $1.60 per card.

I suggested this, they accepted but I also swapped part of my unfinished order from the sold out Kingston 2gb TF cards that don't come with adaptors over to the apparently in stock Sandisk 2gb TF's that also come with adaptors.

They did the swap FOC as the Sandisks run about 70c more per card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong