Gaming Real Pokemon Soul Silver Freezing????

djleviticus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there

My son has bought Pokemon Soul Silver, the game once last night and this morning 4 times.
Has anybody else had problems like this.

On the back of the box there is a red box with this message

IMPORTANT: The use of an unlawful device with your Nintendo Ds system may render this game unplayable.

He has used my acekard 2i a couple times, would this cause this to happen????

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
For the last 3 years iv had my R4 card in my DS constantly. I legitimately bought SoulSilver and have had no problems whatsoever with it. Theres no way a flashcard could cause this from just casual playing. Its probs just a dodge copy. Go return it to the store and get yourself a new one.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree with the others, you should just take it back. I used my DSTT since it came out and replaced it with an Acekard 2i about a month ago. I bought SoulSilver (even though I live in EU, the store in my city gave me the USA) and I can play it normaly, only freeze I had was when my DS fell off the couch~! xD

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
No worries. Hopefully your son hasn't played it too much to have to start all over again
tongue.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The anti-piracy was so strong it has backfired on some real carts, making them think they aren't real.
Nintendo tried a little too hard this time I guess.

Get 'er replaced.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did'nt the EU version have some issues to begin with!? maby take it back and get it exchanged
smile.gif

I'm sure i read somewhere maby on here that the EU version had some issues!? (Google mentions Dutch versions having save/freeze issues) ...

maby the EU english/uk version early revisions had the same problem!?

XXNatus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djleviticus said:
My son has bought Pokemon Soul Silver, the game once last night and this morning 4 times.

So he bought SoulSilver five times?

In all seriousness, I've been using an Acekard 2i on my DSi for almost a year now, and I've been playing a retail copy of HeartGold for a few weeks on that same DSi without any problems. The issue must be with the SoulSilver cartridge itself.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Malice said:
The anti-piracy was so strong it has backfired on some real carts, making them think they aren't real.

Get 'er replaced.

People need to actually READ threads instead of trying to get their postcount up.
Chances are high that what I said was the reason.

ace1o1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
animeforumz.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how a flashcart would render a DS useless unless you were flashing the DS. (You can't do this with a DSi).

I've heard about this problem on another forum, but it was because the Pokemon cartridge was loose or people were bumping the cartridge by accident and causing it to freeze.

Try to ensure that the contacts on your DS are clean and the Pokemon game's contacts are clean and free of any debri as well.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hells Malice said:

Get 'er replaced.
That is wrong.
A batch of carts were a bad batch so it froze, etc.
And what ace1o1 said.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prowler485 said:
Hells Malice said:

Get 'er replaced.
That is wrong.
A batch of carts were a bad batch so it froze, etc.
And what ace1o1 said.

Bad indeed.
Bad because the anti-piracy was freezing them.
There were reports of the games freezing in the exact same ways that pirated versions were.
Some flat out just froze before the game started, but most froze in an AP way.

Question answered anyways. Not comin' back to this thread. Kind of annoying to try argue a fact.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kobykaan said:
Did'nt the EU version have some issues to begin with!? maby take it back and get it exchanged
smile.gif

I'm sure i read somewhere maby on here that the EU version had some issues!? (Google mentions Dutch versions having save/freeze issues) ...

maby the EU english/uk version early revisions had the same problem!?
it was heartgold only, and they where unable to read the save storage(which caused an error even before you could play)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night