Hardware Recommend me a laptop

tofast4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to look for a decent nice laptop to use for school. I currently have a 15.6 Laptop which is just too heavy to carry around my college, and I would like something small and light. So I'm thinking about getting a laptop that is from 10 inches to 14 inches big not so sure. Anyways all my life I wanted something like the Macbook Air but that is way too expensive for me as my budget is around $300. I just need the laptop too use for note taking, reading PDF files, docs, web browsing, and the videos(youtube).

What caught my eye so far are these:
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-asu...et*64758806840_adtype*pla_t*Tablet-Computers#
Nice laptop that's only $220 I can use for school, its light and I can use it as a tablet. What concerns me though is the limited amount of storage space and the screen size might be too small.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-11...=9014003&productCategoryId=pcmcat247400050000
More RAM, bigger screen however not detachable.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I have the first surface pro. I didn't like the RT because it can only run apps from its store, and any x86 apps (I.e anything that runs on windows normally) won't work.

The laptop itself is pretty good, although the battery life only became bearable in the third edition of the surface pro. Also, if you want a keyboard, you have to buy that separately.

Edit: reading the thread... A laptop for school: anything with a working battery will work. Literally. The only thing you need is the battery to last through a lesson. Hardware has come far enough that all laptops are able to handle office, email, Internet and multimedia without slowing down. Buy the laptop that looks aesthetically pleasing and if you're looking at specs, look for battery life and weight. Nothing else really matters.

Also, I won't make any recommendations/suggestions because I personally become snobbish at any budget range laptop. It's hard for me to be objective when my needs have always been gaming orientated.

Reactions: tofast4u

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, That's when Victor invented the Rusty Trombone!