Hacking Record n2DS with Sound?

blueYOSHI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
First off, not sure if this should go to the homebrew category or if this is the right place, sorry if its not!

So I recently just hacked my n2DS through ntrboot. I just tried if I can record my n2DS now, I tried Snickstream and Kit Kat Slim, both didnt record sound, why? On my n2DS im using NTR CFW 3.6 for both programs. Is there any method on recording Sound without a Capture Card? I dont mind installing other programs/CIAs to fix it!

Small other problem (not worth a extra thread), the bottom screen is super laggy while recording, is there a way to fix it? I know I can change which screen is more important but I would like to record both more or less smooth.
Thanks in advance!

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
basically it's already using the full bandwidth of the 3ds/2s wireless chip to send the video. there's no room for sound unless you want even slower frame rate. (might also be a cpu limitation.)

record it separately through line in on your pc via the headphone jack.

blueYOSHI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So I need a cable from the n2DS headphone output directly into the microphone input from my PC? Would you mind giving me a link to such a thing, can't really find anything on google

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I need a cable from the n2DS headphone output directly into the microphone input from my PC? Would you mind giving me a link to such a thing, can't really find anything on google
Get a aux cable and use it with your line in port on your motherboard. Thats what I do when I play 3DS.

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pretty much, then use a program like audacity to record sound and then use another program to sync the video and audio, to fix your fps issues, I'd recommend playing as close to the modem as possible, really amps up the framrate, unless you have a crappy internet connection.

blueYOSHI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
pretty much, then use a program like audacity to record sound and then use another program to sync the video and audio, to fix your fps issues, I'd recommend playing as close to the modem as possible, really amps up the framrate, unless you have a crappy internet connection.
Its not really possible to do this here. However, my PC is connected through Ethernet so would a PC Hotspot be enough to create a better internet?

And thanks guys, should get the audiocable soon so I can test it ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...