Gaming Recording

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no idea how to record gamecube/Wii games. I want to then transfer and upload to Youtube.

What are the devices I need? Thanks

Solution
what you need is a capture card. search on google for "wii capture card" other consoles capture card are probably compatible..

or a tv card for pc (both probably are the same thing), but keep in mind, if you are using a tv card, (or tv to usb thing) try to look into the latency, if you want to play using the pc screen, some cards will display the picture half or even 1 second later... optionally you can use a rca splitter play on tv, and record on pc..

but a cheap and IMO the best way should be play on dolphin and a record software like fraps\bandicap\camtasia.. but if your pc is old or you preefer a real console... capture card it is

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
what you need is a capture card. search on google for "wii capture card" other consoles capture card are probably compatible..

or a tv card for pc (both probably are the same thing), but keep in mind, if you are using a tv card, (or tv to usb thing) try to look into the latency, if you want to play using the pc screen, some cards will display the picture half or even 1 second later... optionally you can use a rca splitter play on tv, and record on pc..

but a cheap and IMO the best way should be play on dolphin and a record software like fraps\bandicap\camtasia.. but if your pc is old or you preefer a real console... capture card it is

Solution

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank You! Very informative! Now I have one last question. I will try to make this simple and not make it about budget or which is the easiest to set up ect.

My question is, is there a capture card that I can hook up and capture with a USB/SD card rather then a Laptop/computer? My laptop is subject to heating up fast and I have a usb 3.0 which would be easier to record and transfer later.

http://www.amazon.ca/Elgato-Game-Capture-Xbox-Recorder/dp/B00840353W

Something like this is what im looking at, but this is a tad expensive. Im looking for something similiar, but that plays last gen and older consoles as well.

EDIT:

http://oi51.tinypic.com/357ioua.jpg

This is more my range! Pinnacle Video Transfer.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1