Reinx 8.1 & FW 15.0 with Atmoshpere on different SD cards.

futuremusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey all!
I have an interesting question.
I have an SD Card with Reinix and 8.1.0 System firmware that i currently use my switch with (mostly for my son) and i have another SD card that i upgraded to latest Atmoshpere and Hekate, but system firware NOT yet with Daybreak (to 15.0), it is still on 8.1 with 1.4 Atmosphere.
so if i do the 15.0 upgrade on my new card with Daybreak, can i still use the OLD sd card with Reinx and 8.1.0 FW version? OR if i do the update to 15.0 via Daybreak i have to do the same with the other card (and possibly risk that the games won't work)
I searched for 2 days on google but i got nothing. Thank you for your help.

I want to be caotious that i won't scrap my son's games with the reinx payload but still i can do my own thing on a different card.

Thank you in advance!

futuremusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have emunand already, but i want to only update that, i am not using the sys one, and nor i plan to do online stuff at all. Allways in flight mode :)
So is it possible two still use both sd cards with different firmware version separately?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as both are on separate nands (dont share emunands or sysnand, etc) then yes its possible. But at that point, you might as well just swap reinx over to atmosphere. no point keeping since everything reinx can do, atmosphere can do.

all in all, yes as long as they're on separate nands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1