Tutorial  Updated

ReiNX Installation and Use

WE'RE CLOSED AGAIN, GO TO REINX.GUIDE

DZo7ejK.png

ReiNX: It just works.
So, you want to install ReiNX?

Good, you probably should. Now that it has working sigpatches, ReiNX is the most effective free CFW on the market right now! But you're gonna need to get into the thing, so that's where this helpful guide comes into play. You'll need a few things before we get started:

If you brick your Switch somehow- which would be impressive, honestly- I'm not responsible for that. If you follow these instructions to the letter, you'll have a working and more importantly sexy custom firmware on your system that will suit all your legal needs!
Installing NSP files is going to get you banned. This is only for people who are indifferent about being banned or have been banned already. You were warned.

• A Nintendo Switch console
  • An SD Card that's been formatted to be used by your Nintendo Switch
  • A USB C to USB A cable
  • Some way to get into RCM mode, please consult this comprehensive list of ways to enter RCM mode.
  • The sheer willpower and hype to take your console to the next stratosphere!
Now that you have all the hardware, you'll need some software, too.
There's a file called Darth Meteos' Super Special SD Stash v5.0.zip, that has sigpatches in it to allow you to run NSP backups. Please grab it here. The zip file has everything you need for the installation ahead. It also contains the following homebrew:​
  • Tinfoil (to install NSP files)
  • Retroarch (all the best emulators)
  • FTPD (for moving files between your PC and your Switch)
  • NX-Shell (a basic file manager)
  • EdiZon (for backing up/restoring/editing savegames)
  • The Homebrew App-Store (for getting even more homebrew)
The zip file will also contain a bin payload to boot the CFW. However, if you've never connected your Switch to a computer, you'll need to do a couple of things first, to get the drivers playing fair. This guide is assuming that you've already done that, but if you're brand new to the scene- welcome, by the way- you'll need to do some one-time setup.​

You'll need these things:
  1. Once you've got those, connect your Switch in RCM mode to your computer. Windows will recognize an APX device. This is good!
  2. Run Zadig with admin privileges. On the dropdown menu, find APX. That's your Switch!
  3. Next to a green arrow, there will be a series of driver types that you can cycle through. Choose libusbK (v3.0.7.0), and do it carefully, because this is the most important step.
  4. Click the big button. Congratulations, your Switch is now ready to run payloads!
  5. Extract the folder from the TegraRcmGUI_vX.X_portable.zip that you downloaded, (with X.X being the version, mine is 2.1) and open TegraRCMGUI.
  6. To run payloads, simply click the folder icon and browse to the testpayload.bin and inject the payload. Congratulations on running your first payload!
This only works on Windows, because that's what I have. Mac users, check elsewhere.
Now, for the main installation.
  1. Power off your Switch and connect your Switch's SD Card to a computer of your choice.
  2. Extract the contents of the zip file you downloaded. There'll be a bin file, an SD Files folder, as well as a little readme with more information. Check the spoilered text for what it should look like:
    CFYHDkE.png
  3. Go into the SD Files folder and drag the contents onto the root of your SD Card. Overwrite everything.
    NOTE: If you don't know your firmware, you can find it in the system settings menu. The latest (as of this writing) is 5.1.0.
  4. If your card was empty except for the Nintendo folder beforehand, you should have a layout like the one in the spoiler:
    ktbVCD0.png
  5. Now that the SD Card is set up, please return it to your Nintendo Switch and enter into RCM mode through the method of your choice.
  6. Using TegraRCMGUI, inject the ReiNX.bin Payload from the Stash package to get into your Switch.
  7. After the splash screen vanishes and you see the Nintendo Switch logo, you can disconnect the Switch from your computer. You're in!
Accessing the homebrew menu is easy, just open the album! Inside will be the Tinfoil NSP installer and the Homebrew App Store, which in turn has basically everything you could ever want. Keep an eye on the 'Temp, though, for future updates~

When inside the homebrew menu, you can use Tinfoil to install nsp files, by placing them into the /tinfoil/nsp/ folder on your SD Card. All homebrew goes into the /switch/ folder.

IF YOU NEED NOGC, PLEASE MAKE A FILE CALLED NOGC IN THE REINX FOLDER
READ THE FUCKIN' F.A.Q BEFORE POSTING, IF YOUR QUESTION IS ANSWERED IN THE F.A.Q, IT WILL NOT BE ANSWERED OUTSIDE OF A SNIDE REMARK, POSSIBLY

Thank you so much for making the choice to use ReiNX!
ljgCB0x.png

Last edited by Darth Meteos,

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys! I hope you can help me, because I can't find any answer about this. I've been using Meteos 4.0.1 until today and it was all ok. I could load my backups after following the tutorial. When I noticed there was an update to version 5.0, I replaced my SD files with the ZIP you have posted there, but I just see black screen on my switch.
I've used the same computer, the same USB port and TegraRcmGUI_v2.2_portable. I know I'm on RCM mode, after injecting I see a green square with a white check, but my switch still has a black screen so I can't load the HOME screen on my switch with RCM mode.
I tried to replace SD files with the old version, but it's not working either.
Why can't I load it as I did before?
Thanks
delete your reinx folder and drag those files
i've also been getting corruption reports, so please redownload as well

Reactions: Cristiangb

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i check what nsps ive already installed?

first time setting up

when using nx-shell, after i checkmark two nsps to delete when i try to delete a 3rd the switch freezes

Last edited by easycrashing,

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i check what nsps ive already installed?
I guess you'd just check your games list?
when using nx-shell, after i checkmark two nsps to delete when i try to delete a 3rd the switch freezes
That's an NX-Shell issue. Something about selecting too much data, maybe? I honestly haven't a clue.

BM1

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on 4.1.0. Doing a fresh install with 5.0 stash, get the splash screen and then just a blank black screen/ crash. Have redownloaded/ checked files, they're all ok.

Tried the 4.0 stash, that actually works. But would like the new features if possible to get it working? Thanks!

Kruelty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a problem, it seems after I installed the new 5.0 Stash nothing seems to be working as it was.

Every time I Inject the payload, boot past the splash screen, I go to my home screen and it will ask for the system update since my SD card is in exFAT.
I am currently at 5.1.0 with the injected payload when I look at the system version it would have the "5.1.0 ReiNX" so I guess the stash worked, I just can't access any of my NSP or even use sleep mode.

When you put it on sleep mode I just can't seem to open my switch back up and I would have to do a force restart.
I tried to revert back to the old 4.0 stash but it just doesn't work anymore. I just get the same problems.

Would really appreciate any help.
Thank you!

Saintseiya911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darth Meteos I have a quick question I installed reinx from this tutorial back on stash 4.0 I believe should I update my SD card files for it to 5.0 as everything runs good for me now.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darth Meteos I have a quick question I installed reinx from this tutorial back on stash 4.0 I believe should I update my SD card files for it to 5.0 as everything runs good for me now.
5.0 doesn't add any new features that are not found in 4.0. In fact, the only reason 5.0 was released is for support for firmware 6.0 however despite that support, it is still highly not recommended to update to firmware 6.0

Reactions: Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

5.0 doesn't add any new features that are not found in 4.0. In fact, the only reason 5.0 was released is for support for firmware 6.0 however despite that support, it is still highly not recommended to update to firmware 6.0
What Draxzelex said. 5.0 is for new users and dummies who update by accident. It includes a bunch of new homebrew to get a new user started and it supports 6.0. It's basically a catch all that'll work everywhere. New features are not included, but... Well, someone had to make a safety net.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Kruelty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a problem, it seems after I installed the new 5.0 Stash nothing seems to be working as it was.

Every time I Inject the payload, boot past the splash screen, I go to my home screen and it will ask for the system update since my SD card is in exFAT.
I am currently at 5.1.0 with the injected payload when I look at the system version it would have the "5.1.0 ReiNX" so I guess the stash worked, I just can't access any of my NSP or even use sleep mode.

When you put it on sleep mode I just can't seem to open my switch back up and I would have to do a force restart.
I tried to revert back to the old 4.0 stash but it just doesn't work anymore. I just get the same problems.

Would really appreciate any help.
Thank you!

I think I figured out my problem. It seems that the stash doesn't work with my exFAT SD card but does work with Fat32

scusa83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Hi
can someone help my , i was on ver. 2.2 and everything work fine, but when i update to 5.0 i got 2 errors
1- all my backup games not working (The Software as closed because an error occured)
2- and in tinfoil i got error code 0x0023.

i try ver. 4.1.0 the same error appear

but if i go back to 2.2 every thing work fine

am on 5.1.0, exfat, 128gb Sandisk Ultra 128gb Micro SDXC UHS-I

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
can someone help my , i was on ver. 2.2 and everything work fine, but when i update to 5.0 i got 2 errors
1- all my backup games not working (The Software as closed because an error occured)
2- and in tinfoil i got error code 0x0023.

i try ver. 4.1.0 the same error appear

but if i go back to 2.2 every thing work fine

am on 5.1.0, exfat, 128gb Sandisk Ultra 128gb Micro SDXC UHS-I
The games would have to be reinstalled since the "signature patches" differ slightly from V2.2 and V4.1 & V5. The tinfoil error may be due to V4.1 and V5 including fs_mitm.kip which you should delete. If that still doesn't work, I would recommend using the SD file fix found in Hekate.

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi good day. Noob question, will this guide work on version 5.1.0 that was updated officially?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum