Hacking Discussion ReiNX is 95% complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
reiNX will NOT have emunand support

source:

Emunand is honestly a waste of time considering you'd need to write a 30GB image to an SD. It's not practical like it was on 3DS. And paperclips are cheaper than 128GB+ sd cards. I'd imagine it'd be easy to implement in fs_mitm anyways so if that happens, just load that kip in ReiNX and it'll work. *shrug*

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Why are you getting all defensive? I was just stating what was said.

Also, a lot of people are waiting for emunand.
Not defensive, just slight mockery. Such a niche concept that has little usage outside of an estranged desire to needlessly stay on a Lower firmware. Some of those who were waiting for emunand are now on 5.x. So, there is that.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That poor 2% who will be affected.

Name should be ReiNS
ReiNX. The X is for XTREME
I was saying in the other thread that I might back a bounty for a solution for 1.0 users. It's hypothetical and I don't even know if it works but damn it I'll rep it until this plane crashes and burns.

Releases in 5 hours you say? Lets all agree to that.
5 hours on Venus, maybe.

related information on 1.0, will be deleted if i'm a dill
Don't we have a way to upgrade without burning fuses? If that could be practically implemented into a CFW, you could emulate EmuNAND.

That method involves hijacking the Switch's bootloader before turning on the console. Meaning you'd have to install the CFW. Which we cannot do without Nintendo's trustworthy keys. Until that happens, AutoRCM is our best bet.

i mean, i would imagine if you only boot cfw and never boot ofw you'll never run fuse burner code so yea.

There's still a sizable portion. Might be worth making a bounty if the interest is low enough, people have been waiting since March 2017 for something like this.

Hm. How long would that take to create something like that for niche users once a proper CFW solution is completed? As above, if it's prohibitive, I'll back it.

Last edited by Darth Meteos,

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Not defensive, just slight mockery. Such a niche concept that has little usage outside of an estranged desire to needlessly stay on a Lower firmware. Some of those who were waiting for emunand are now on 5.x. So, there is that.

Waiting on a FW low enough to eventually warmboot untethered = niche and/or silly ?.

Yeah, sure buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land