Homebrew [RELEASE] 3DiScord: A Discord client for the 3DS

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In reality, this app only makes accounts possibly banned due to high usages of the official API.
I know that VitaCord, the app this is based on, managed to fix this somehow...

Sleepy Flower Girl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In reality, this app only makes accounts possibly banned due to high usages of the official API.
I know that VitaCord, the app this is based on, managed to fix this somehow...
I remember looking the source code of this client a long time ago. It works very differently then the official client. The official client only makes a request for data from Discord when it's missing. The official client starts a connection with Discord's gateway server so that the official client can receive events and messages without asking. Discord's gateway server only sends data to clients once so to prevent request, the data from the gateway needs to be cached somewhere.
This client on the other hand doesn't work like that, instead it constantly makes request to Discord for everything, the client gets messages by spamming Discord with get message request. The client doesn't cache it's data too so if it needs data such as nick names, roles, etc, it'll make a request. This will put a lot of work for the Discord's servers when normally an official client wouldn't.

Other then that, this client will also stop working when the Discord.com changes go into full effect.

VitaCord makes a number of changes to it's client to limit the amount of request needed to make, such polling messages at a slower rate. However, still doesn't use websockets to access Discord's gateway server which allows getting messages and events without making a request to Discord.

Last edited by Sleepy Flower Girl,

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I mean as long as you don't do any harm or do anything stupid like spamming their whole API, Discord is okay at a certain degree with custom clients... But 3Discord spams the API a lot and can indeed get you banned. Also keep in mind that custom clients are technically against their ToS, unless it's a web browser or something...

Spurkl3z

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
does the discord server still exist? because the invite is dead

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

does the discord server still exist? cause the invite is dead

soupermareeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats your point? Why bother risking your account where there are easy and better ways of using discord.
You know that hacking a 3ds runs the risk of getting that 3ds banned, we take risks because we're hackers. Besides, you can create an alt if you're scared of getting banned which I don't know why you wouldn't want to get banned from discord because it's terrible.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't work anymore because of all the API updates. For example, intents are now mandatory and user statuses have changed completely.
There's no point to updating this because then the dev would be responsible for accounts getting banned.

Reactions: BLOCKMINER3000

soupermareeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't work anymore because of all the API updates. For example, intents are now mandatory and user statuses have changed completely.
There's no point to updating this because then the dev would be responsible for accounts getting banned.
Well I think they should update this. I don't care if my Discord gets banned, Discord sucks anyways, I just want a communication app for my 3ds.

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this is a bit of a necropost, but i have one question.
Why not just modify it to use the apis and other things WITHOUT spamming requests?
especially since Sleepy Flower Girl was able to make a proper 3ds discord client that uses the (in my case, supposedly) proper (or since I'm not certain, maybe just well fitted) APIs?

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry if this is a bit of a necropost, but i have one question.
Why not just modify it to use the apis and other things WITHOUT spamming requests?
especially since Sleepy Flower Girl was able to make a proper 3ds discord client that uses the (in my case, supposedly) proper (or since I'm not certain, maybe just well fitted) APIs?
Because the update discord rolled out rendered these apps useless. One would need to make a whole new app. which would still be very much against discorda tos.

Reactions: BLOCKMINER3000

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...the update discord rolled out rendered these apps useless...

disregard this, sleepy's still works so i assume all others work fine as well. if not someone say so
I mean. Other than the huge Dont use this as it can ban your account. If ya disregard that, then use this however ya want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c