• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm using the latest Luma which is 8.1.1. Patch ARM9 access is disabled.

1) Yeah that's correct. Think of 0xAC as a 6th level but we can't actually change it to that level without writing to the HW regs, or using GSP/GPU service in homebrew.
2) This is because you don't have Parental control enabled so it doesn't show anything. However if it did, it would show (null) if hide info mode is enabled.

3. Unfortunately yeah, WiFi info shows up as blank for some users. Not entirely sure why, but it seems to be the case for o3DS models. I use an N3DS so I wasn't aware of this. I'll revert back to config blocks to obtain wifi info.

4. Well it follows a Ubuntu-like design so all of them just show up as drives.

Sorry I was planning to asked earlier but somehow when I edit you already replied ahead.

1. I see. I did not know there is a higher brightness level beyond that. Is there any way to bypass this limit or there is no program written for it yet?

2. Did what? You mean when I enabled parental control then it will show (null) when hide info mode enabled?.

4. Can it be customized then?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the latest Luma which is 8.1.1. Patch ARM9 access is disabled.

Sorry I was planning to asked earlier but somehow when I edit you already replied ahead.

1. I see. I did not know there is a higher brightness level beyond that. Is there any way to bypass this limit or there is no program written for it yet?

2. Did what? You mean when I enabled parental control then it will show (null) when hide info mode enabled?.

4. Can it be customized then?

If you're using the 3DSX can you ensure that both FS/SM service pathces are enabled?

And to your other questions:

1. I once wrote a quick test program for someone who requested on r/3dshacks once. https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...e_to_have_separate_screen_brightness/dq5nnlo/

2. Yeah if you setup parental controls you can actually see some information, otherwise you won't.

4. Not unless you compile it using a different icon. I don't really want to add any customization options now in favour of keeping the app lightweight.

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Looks like once I patch SM service check, WiFi information finally works. I'm using the CIA version btw and this requires SM service patch for it to work.

Also I notice some glitch. Apparently when I turn on Luma 3DS menu when 3DSident is running or in suspended state the whole 3DS of mine hang and shows black screen on bottom screen and I'm forced to do hard reset. Is this intended?

Regarding the other question to be answered:

1. That's neat. I will try it.
2. What I meant is that it should show (null) instead of blank even when hide user info is disabled. But if that is intended, then it's fine (just a nit)
4. What I plan to say is I suggest you compile the SD with different icon instead. Don't really need any user customization option. But if you just want to keep things simple, that is understandable.

Last edited by Dragios,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like once I patch SM service check, WiFi information finally works. I'm using the CIA version btw and this requires SM service patch for it to work.

Also I notice some glitch. Apparently when I turn on Luma 3DS menu when 3DSident is running or in suspended state the whole 3DS of mine hang and shows black screen on bottom screen and I'm forced to do hard reset. Is this intended?

Regarding the other question to be answered:

1. That's neat. I will try it.
2. What I meant is that it should show (null) instead of blank even when hide user info is disabled. But if that is intended, then it's fine (just a nit)
4. What I plan to say is I suggest you compile the SD with different icon instead. Don't really need any user customization option. But if you just want to keep things simple, that is understandable.

Ah I knew it was something. The latest nightly version of luma has those services pathces automatically enabled.
The Rosina hard reset issue is not intended but there's no way for me to debug it and find the cause, so I'm not even sure how to fix it.

2. Yeah I should've done that from the start, just lazy lol.
4. Yeah I just wanted to keep things minimal.

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well, thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my queries. I greatly appreciate your quick reply.
For the hard reset issue, hopefully you can debug and fix it one day, I believe you will find the solution sooner or later.

Lazy is a lame excuse, lol. Maybe you can fix that in the next release version with all the other upcoming fixes together.
Wish you all the best.

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DSident v0.7.9 is up!

Change-log:

Original Version:

• Fixed blank WiFi page.
  • Fixed initial fw version only showing region code for some old 3ds users.
  • Brightness is now read through hardware registers, and from this, the raw values will now be displayed on o3ds/2ds as well.
GUI Version:

• All of the above fixes.
  • WiFi mac address for each slot has been brought back.

Download [QR included]

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@Joel16 Some small nit
Code:
Parental control email
It should be "e-mail" (hyphen was missing)

This time Parental control answer miss one paranthesis.
Code:
Parental control answer: null)

Is this intended?
Brightness level 1 now shows a raw value of 14 (previously was 16)
Brightness level 5 now shows a raw value of 128 (previously was 142)

WiFi information now works without SM service patch.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Joel16 Some small nit
Code:
Parental control email

This time Parental control answer miss one paranthesis.
Code:

Is this intended?

From https://github.com/joel16/3DSident/releases/
Original Version:
  • Fixed blank WiFi page.
  • Fixed initial fw version only showing region code for some old 3ds users.
  • Brightness is now read through hardware registers, and from this, the raw values will now be displayed on o3ds/2ds as well.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Joel16 Some small nit
Code:
Parental control email

This time Parental control answer miss one parenthesis.
Code:

Is this intended?

The 3DSident-GUI.3dsx and CIA has been re-uploaded to address the grammar issues and the missing parenthesis. Also, yes the brightness values are intended. I'm aware they're a bit different compared to the values returned by GSPLCD, but these are reading directly from the LCD config registers, so yes they are accurate and intended.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my queries. I greatly appreciate your quick reply.
For the hard reset issue, hopefully you can debug and fix it one day, I believe you will find the solution sooner or later.

Lazy is a lame excuse, lol. Maybe you can fix that in the next release version with all the other upcoming fixes together.
Wish you all the best.

Turns out the hard reset with rosalina wasn't my fault all along. All I was doing was initializing the MCU::HWC service to gain access to MCU::HWC functions.

This is what's causing the problem:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...ff9d3e/sysmodules/rosalina/source/menu.c#L197

Reactions: Madridi

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@Joel16 Also there is one small problem I encounter with the program. The d-pad is too sensitive. When I press the d-pad it moves twice rather than once. Not that big issue as I can use the circle pad or touch screen to navigate instead for now.
Hopefully this can addressed in the next revision.

Last edited by Dragios,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Joel16 Also there is one small problem I encounter with the program. The d-pad is too sensitive. When I press the d-pad it moves twice rather than once. Not that big issue as I can use the circle pad or touch screen to navigate instead for now.
Hopefully this can addressed in the next revision.

Are you talking about the D-PAD or the circle pad? Because the D-PAD seems to work just fine here, it also looks for only one press. So, even if you press and hold D-PAD (up/down) it'll only move once.

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Are you talking about the D-PAD or the circle pad? Because the D-PAD seems to work just fine here, it also looks for only one press. So, even if you press and hold D-PAD (up/down) it'll only move once.
Sorry I was mistaken. It should be the circle pad.

Lt. Lynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As PSP Ident did, could this display the motherboard version? For example, my NN3DS is KTR-CPU-01. Also, could it display the CPU version? Mine is CPU LGR A.

Resset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I noticed small bug with model identification. I have n3DS XL metallic Blue QEH1086 yet the application shows that it's the RED one. It's no big deal but I feel that this should be mentioned. Great work pal!

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed small bug with model identification. I have n3DS XL metallic Blue QEH1086 yet the application shows that it's the RED one. It's no big deal but I feel that this should be mentioned. Great work pal!
That isn't what "RED" means here.

s-l1000.jpg

Take a look at the model number: "RED-001". That's the model number for all New 3DS XLs.

Reactions: Resset

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As PSP Ident did, could this display the motherboard version? For example, my NN3DS is KTR-CPU-01. Also, could it display the CPU version? Mine is CPU LGR A.

Sure maybe I might add one more section called specs which details all the specs of your device. I may not actually do this unless I can get accurate information but will see.

Reactions: Lt. Lynx

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I was randomly looking through the 3DSident code and found this. I'm aware it's probably not an issue because the offending function isn't called too many times, but you might want to fix the memory leaks anyway (unused string and version buffers never get freed, after enough calls to getVersion are made the heap will be exhausted and will return null pointers, bringing the whole thing down).

I suppose the best way to do it would be with static string buffers and allocating the version stuff on the stack, similarly to how it's done for the CIDs. You can get the initialized to zero on boot, and when the function gets called you could check if the first byte is a null char ('\0').

Very good job on everything else though, looks nicer on a real console than the pics somehow.

Last edited by Wolfvak,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
it is possible to run this in a n3ds with the lastest fimrware and a ntrboot card without actually installing cfw to the n3ds?
if so, what do i need to do so?
i wanted to check if the console i bought is TN or IPS, i can't really figure out because the screen colors look like a TN but doesn't kite wash out when viewing in sides..
if it's IPS i want to return it and try for a better one
i had a old 3ds which was definitely a TN, but this new console looks like either a good TN or bad IPS...

Last edited by migles,

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just checked my new 3ds xl with that tool. it stats the model as "red" altough my device is black. so was my model once red and the previous owner changed the case? that would explain why it's in top notch condition.

edit: I should have used the search engine first ..

Last edited by gohan123,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up